Thread: What is the "pin wrapping" or "socket mod" to manipulate Athlon multipliers?

Registered+
    Thanks

Question What is the "pin wrapping" or "socket mod" to manipulate Athlon multipliers?

I'm O/Cing my XP-M 2500+ on an Epox 8RDA+. I'm currently restricted to multipliers up to 12.5*, although I have free choice of those in BIOS. I understand I can manipulate one of the L3 bridges to enable multiplies over 13*. I would prefer to achieve this through dropping a U-shaped piece of wire into the appropriate socket connector holes (instead of manipulating the CPU packaging). Which are the appropriate pins/holes to bridge?

Thanks

Registered+
    Thanks

Thank you

Excellent - thank you.

When going through the 'Systembus'/multiplier dropdown box there's a clear pattern between multipliers above and below 12.5*. The right-most connection only has two positions; / for multipliers <= 12.5 and \ for multipliers >= 13. That connection must trigger the range selection.

I wonder - would it be possible to make only that one connection with wire and then control the multiplier in BIOS? i.e. a combination hard/soft selection.

Thread Information