Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, it appears I was right, there IS something fishy about the MSI Neo Plat 250GB!

Thanks
    Well well well people, seems the fact that this thread made it to the front page of Hexus.net has been causing a stir over at the MSI forums lately... http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?p...224#post365224

Over there I am considered a bad bloke, for speaking my mind and getting my head together with MANY other users who are experiencing BAD performance from their board. I've been flamed for posting overclocking threads, abused for saying (without swearing) what I think of the shoddy MSI support I have received (and many others too). Seems the MSI forums are not the place where intelligent discussion is made about problems, and no-one seems to want to get to the bottom of things.

I may be hated over there for saying what I think, but by God that's a price i'll gladly pay for telling the truth about a board I paid good money for, and the support we haven't received.
    ASUS ROG G751 w. 980M

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    I am glad I read this post, because I was plannig on buying the S939 version of this motherboard (as soon as komplett got it in stock!) and it is almost exactly the same so I would assume it has the same problems.

I am not sure what to do now about a S939 motherboard, I wanted to get an nForce3 motherboard but I cannot find anywhere that stocks them. It's either get a VIA mobo now or wait for the nForce3 mobos to come into the stores, probably missing the Doom 3 release date.

If anyone could find a S939 nForce3 for sale and in stock it would be greatly appreciated.

*edit* I found a Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra in stock at www.cpucity.co.uk but unfortunatly Gigabyte arn't known for having great overclockability... *edit*
    Last edited by Mblaster; 26-07-2004 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks
    Wow, Richdog... so your problem makes it over here too. What's next, national TV!!?

Here's my thread which was locked by moderators and I was told to "grow up":

A DIRECT CALL TO MSI FOR HELP
    Last edited by ninjastyle; 26-07-2004 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks
    lol one member, kt6user, who was particularly heavy over on the flaming over at their forums, PM'd me to tell me he is sending this email to the Hexus.net admin...

"Hey There,

I thought I better inform you that Richdog who is a member of your forum has made some very generalizing comments about the MSI Neo Plat motherboard. The thread that he has posted his comments in currently has a link on your front page. Although he is not lying about the problems he is having, the majority of users running this motherboard over at the MSI forum (http://forum.msi.com.tw) have had no such problems.

I thought you better know that the problems are not across the board (please excuse the double pun!)

Thanks

Well, im not sure what he believes constitutes the majority of users, but over at Xtreme there are plenty of people coming forward with problems about the board, in fact in ever damn forum i've posted about the MSI Neo Platinum i've had peope complaining of the same symptoms and problems that i've had. Never underestimate brand loyalty...
    ASUS ROG G751 w. 980M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information