Thread: Memory and my SS51G

Thanks

Memory and my SS51G

Hey guys,

I have an SS51g and I love it. It has a Radeon 7000 graphics board and an M-Audio 2496 audio card in it along with a P4 @ 2.53 (533FSB). It runs fine but here are my questions:

If I get Kingston PC3200 memory, do you think the odds are that I could maximize my memory speed?

I'm hoping I could run at 333Mhz with CAS at 2T and DRAM Addr/Cmd Rate at 1.

I've briefly seen how fast the computer can run with these settings and it's FLYING! (before it locked up!)

Unfortunately, right now I have cheap PNY memory which will give me 333Mhz but at normal settings and adequate speed. I still can return the memory, but do you think if I got the Kingston 3200, that the odds might be good that I could run with the faster settings? $$ wise it would cost me about $100 more to use the Kingston. (Got the PNY for about $65 per 512MB - with $30 rebate)

I'd like to try the Kingston, but just wondering if you guys have your Shuttle running with CAS at 2T and DRAM Addr/Cmd Rate at 1 and with the speed setting at > normal.

ThanksInAdvance

Registered+
    Thanks
    The SS51G won't take DDR400, right?

http://www.shuttle.com/hq/product/ba...on.asp?B_id=16
    70 hours a week is not enough

Thanks
    I think it can take PC3200 but obviously not run it at 400Mhz. I'm just hoping to get RAM that could run at CAS 2T and cmd/Addr at 1 - all at 333MHZ.

Thanks
    OK, let me re-phrase the question.

Does anyone have RAM that they are able to run at 333Mhz with CAS at 2T and DRAM Addr/Cmd Rate at 1 with their SS51G?

If so, please tell me what brand.

Thanks!

Thread Information