Thread: Preparing my 9700 for doom!/price check

Thanks

Preparing my 9700 for doom!/price check

[Edit:]in the rare chnce that someone else here has the same card as me, and has vmodded, I have a question google seems unable to answer

There are several pcb revisions of the 9700 and some use different chips for Vref and Vddq. Mine uses one of these smaller uncommon IS3037A chips, pic:

And I cant find out the pins or resistor values for vmodding them [/edit]

This last week Ive had nothing to do... and I want to play doom 3

So in my bordom, I thought Id o/c my gfx card, some more. Yes, it goes further

Heres one thing from today, was going to be a memsink, but I cba to make four more of them (to cover 8 mem chips) so I finanly decided it be replacement for the heatspreader that I took off soo long ago... (a mistake as that chip got very hot without proper cooling...)

Yes thats 50 holes, 4mm diameter, 5 horizontal cuts and 10 vertical cuts... done with only a hand drill, hacksaw and a file, thats how much effort is going into this card!

Then I cut up a old cpu heatsink to make 8 memsink sized ones. which are now stuck on well with 1:1:1 of AS3 (for removing if needed) and AS epoxy A/B.

Next the Vmem mod, under the hot-glue this is more like art. The cleanest solderingI have ever done.

Well compared to the Vgpu mod, which I done last year...

Also done the 3pin connector for measure points.. yay for that.. so much easyer!

Current limit for mem is 315mhz but I WILL get it to 350. Yes I know infineon 3.3 is not known to gp past 330mhz even with vmods

And if I mess up, I have another 3 cards arriving this week - 9500np's with 128mb in L shape, from retek for £35 each I just hope they like softmodding and no crappy infineon...

Assuming the card still works after Id like some guesses at how much its worth? I have air heatsink/fan and atleast able to do 400mhz with that cooling, with silence (but with a waterblock 500mhz possible, atleast ).
    After so much effort Im still considering a x800 xtpe (and I have loads of money and nothing else to buy...)
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 02-08-2004 at 06:37 PM.

Title Contender
    Thanks
    9700 pro or non pro?

for pro Id say £95 for your efforts for non pro Id say £75-£80

Thanks
    Even with the efforts I would say £85 for pro probably £70 for non pro, you can pick up a 9800pro second hand for £95-100 if look around carefully.

Title Contender
    Thanks
    yup its a non pro just seen his sig

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's some serious modding dude. Wish I was clever enough to mess on like that.You should get a x800 pro and have a mess on with one of those.Then give us the lowdown on how to do the same to a x800.lol
    good work m8, proper modding !!!!!
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Sitting in a tin can. Far above the Earth.
    Thanks
    Radeon 9700 pro's on ebay for £50. Non-pros less than that. I'd say the messing about adds nothing to the price, in fact probably detracts from it (not what you wanted to hear, and I'm sure you'll disagree - but it's still my opinion. :-))

So.... £50-60, if you're lucky. I'd be more than happy for you if it proved otherwise.

Nomadd

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadd
    Radeon 9700 pro's on ebay for £50. Non-pros less than that. I'd say the messing about adds nothing to the price, in fact probably detracts from it (not what you wanted to hear, and I'm sure you'll disagree - but it's still my opinion. :-))

So.... £50-60, if you're lucky. I'd be more than happy for you if it proved otherwise.

Nomadd
    Show me where u can get a 9700 pro on ebay for 50 quid..............I reckon more like 75 quid plus mate

The 9700 pro is'nt really that far behind the 9800pro in the benchmarks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadd

Nomadd
    Ive seen them on bay for £50 at the beggining of the auction, but never the end or buy-it-now price. If you know of any, please give me links

However there was (before I ordered the last 3 ) 9500 non-pro softmodable cards for £35, effectivly the same as a 9700np if they softmod

Im confident it will sell for around 9800 pro price (second hand ofcourse), as it performs about the same in the condition I intend to sell it in - (silent) air cooling. The core on 9700 and 9800 is near enough the same, If i can match the clockspeeds, performace will match too...
    9800pro is 380/350, so thats what Im aiming for (mem), I think core will do 425 atleast on my air cooler. So mines a but faster than 9800pro, but i dontthink that could push the price further.

Anyway I intend to keep the card for a while yet... past d3 anyway possibly untill the next gen cards (no not nv6800xx/x800xx) become affordable. Ill probably get the first ATI card to implement PS3, although that wont be the main reson, but definatly quite important.
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 02-08-2004 at 06:00 PM.

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |SilentDeath|
    9800pro is 380/350,

Anyway I intend to keep the card for a while yet... past d3 anyway possibly untill the next gen cards (no not nv6800xx/x800xx) become affordable. Ill probably get the first ATI card to implement PS3, although that wont be the main reson, but definatly quite important.
    My 9800 pro speeds were 378/338 m8 so you don't have so far with the mem.
    I've read that ATI are releasing x800's with new PS3 shaders added.
    The card must be worth - £90.I couldn't even get £100 inc for my 9800 pro gaurentee clock to 340/370.Could only get £95 inc for that.
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Thread Information