Thread: Looking for a Mechanical Keyboard...Suggestsions please?

Registered+
    Thanks

Looking for a Mechanical Keyboard...Suggestsions please?

Hello,

Looking for a nice mechanical keyboard with a red backlight (i know some prefer blue but this is just my preference), wired USB cable and an audio hub to connect my headset to.

Pricewise i was hoping to look around the £50 ish area but all the ones i've found so far are £100-£120.

Am i being too hopeful for what i want for the price i'm after or is there something out there that fits the bill?

Macro, etc... not important for me

If i am wanting too much for that price bracket whats the next best thing from mechanical with the above features?

Haven't bought a decent keyboard for a while so i'm hoping the fountain of knowledge you guys have will help me out

Thanks

Gid

Registered+
    Thanks
    • dokdek's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77 UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Black LP 2x4GB @1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Hitachi Deskstar 300GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • OCZ ZT Series 650w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R3 Titanium Grey
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Some Generic Cheap Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Some Virgin Connection

Re: Looking for a Mechanical Keyboard...Suggestsions please?

Its really rare you'll find a mechanical keyboard for under 50 pounds, actually, I think you can't, the lowest you can probably go is around 70-ish and thats for a ten keyless keyboard which means it lacks a num pad. Also, red backlight is kinda rare, I've never seen one personally, but a bit of googling found the max keyboard x9 to have red backlights, but its only available in the US afaik. If you arent going mechanical, there's no point in buying an expensive membrane keyboard, if you cant up your budget, you might as well get the sidewinder x4, its non mechanical, but it DOES have the red backlight you want

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Si...1347250&sr=1-1

EDIT: Heres the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid, which is a ten keyless mechanical for 62 pounds, if you really want mechanical, this is probably the cheapest you can get, although it doesnt come with any of the bells and whistles like backlighting and macro's. Although if you can overlook the loss of a numpad and your preferred backlight, I would go with this

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/coole...aming-keyboard

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Re: Looking for a Mechanical Keyboard...Suggestsions please?

dokdek is right, you will struggle to find a mechanical keyboard for less than or even particularly close too £50 unless you perhaps get a second hand one. Throw in LED backlit keys and your even further from the realms of reality.
    Mechanical keys are a lot more expensive to manufacture so its pretty much just the way it is unfortunately.

There is a keyboard that will offer you red backlit keys and a full keyboard - the QPAD MK85.... but its £125 :/

What kind of mechanical keys are you going for? Do you want them to make a physical 'click' sound or are you trying to get a really quiet keyboard?
    This is usually indicated by the colour of the switch which is used. Check out the link below for a pretty in depth description:

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...keyboard-guide

Thread Information