Thread: Shuttle SN45G Problems

Thanks

Shuttle SN45G Problems

recently recieved my Shuttle SN45G XPC and put everything below into it. It all went smoothly until i booted it up. It came on and nothing was on the screen. It was just black. I keep restarting it and the monitor stays on standby. I tried putting disks in and floppys in and it does nothing. I was told by a friend that it is because my video card requires power from the power supply as well as the AGP slot. He had the same problem with putting his 9800 pro into a XPC and so he tried a 5200 ultra and it worked fine. What i dont get though...if thats the case then why do i read all these reviews about ppl with the same psu i have running 9800xt's and stuff. Anyone have any insight? I would really like to get this stuff back in my shuttle.

Athlon XP 2700+ @ 2405mhz (12 x 200)
    Abit NF7-S v2
    Hercules 3d Prophet 9800 Pro @ 432/742
    Kingston HyperX 1GB (2 x 512mb) PC3200 DDR Dual Channel @ 200mhz (1:1), 2-2-2-6
    Antec TrueBlue 480watt PSU
    120gb Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9, 2mb Cache 7200rpm

sorry should have posted here first

Thanks
    I take it you are not using the antec psu you have listed above. Have you got another older card you can try? Any will do. If it works then it is a power issue. Other people can run 9800xts and above because they have upgraded their psu. A 250w SilentX psu is a good choice as normal psus will not fit. Also have you tried booting with everything at stock?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun
    I take it you are not using the antec psu you have listed above. Have you got another older card you can try? Any will do. If it works then it is a power issue. Other people can run 9800xts and above because they have upgraded their psu. A 250w SilentX psu is a good choice as normal psus will not fit. Also have you tried booting with everything at stock?

well i assume its at stock since it wont boot in the first place...

nah ive read about many ppl using more power consuming video cards with the same 200w psu i have =/

i have a geforce 2 but im not sure if its any good

Thanks
    Also check to make sure that the heatsink is positioned correctly. It would be worthwhile to try it with the geforce 2, it would narrow down what it could be alot.

Thanks
    Did you fiddle with the vdimm? if so it amy well be toast. Are any of the mobo lights coming on?
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by menthel
    Did you fiddle with the vdimm? if so it amy well be toast. Are any of the mobo lights coming on?
    nah listen

i didnt mess with any bios settings because i cannot get into bios in the first place

every part works because the cpu/graphics card/ram/memory that i tried to put in my shuttle is what i am using RIGHT NOW...just in a different case, with a different mobo and psu

Thanks
    Then it is dead. RMA it.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    I got my shuttle working but it wont boot up into windows...is this because i MUST reformat my hardrive? or should i not need to? I really am hoping i can not have to reformat. If i change anything in bios and restart then my monitor just stays on standby so basically i can only run default setting but still cannot get windows to load. I need to know if i have to reformat or not

Thanks
    Well i tried repairing windows...i put the cd in, got to windows repair and started repairing...it said it couldnt repair becuase there "was no hard disk" found. Wtf? So i replugged the IDE and molex connector back into the harddrive. Finally i rebooted and got into windows WITHOUT FORMATING. Im in my windows and my USB mouse isnt working...not good. It starts showing all the new devices and etc that it is finding since its on a new mobo. My mouse still isnt working. I unplug it and plug it back in and my comp restarts by itself simultaneously. It boots into windows again but, as soon as my stuff starts loading (deskstop, start programs, etc) the comp restarts. It reboots and the same thing happens. Is this because i dont have enough juice? It seems like it to me. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    A usb mouse should not be pushing you over your power limit. If the mouse does then when your cdrom drive spins up it should aswell. I think its just a dodgy mobo tbh. Rma it.

Thread Information