Thread: NEC 1760NX + No dead pixel check... Where?

Thanks

NEC 1760NX + No dead pixel check... Where?

Ive been trying to buy this monitor for about a week now, but no-one can give me a no dead pixel check (probs would cost a tenner). Ive been checking the forums, and tried

Nexnix.co.uk
    monitors-online.co.uk

but neither of these places will check this screen for me.

I havent tried the big shops like dabs etc, but I think (and correct me If I'm wrong), that there is 0 chance of them doing the check.

If anyone knows where I can get the check, please help.

Also, been considering, is it worth just buyin one from the cheapest place, and if its got dead pixels, sending it back within the 7 day distance buying return period?

any views will be much appreciated

BoB_DoG

Registered+
    Thanks
    Contact Nexnix - they certainly used to do a dead pixel check and it was indeed £10...

Thanks
    im too after that screen and also would like a dead pixel check....

tell me if you find anything!

Thanks
    No idea where you can get a pixel check done - if you're in London the "easiest" thing would be to try Tottenham Court Road, plus you can haggle!

I've got two of these fab monitors and no pixel probs. I saw a post from someone else saying no duff pixels. Maybe these things are so good you don't need to worry?

Bought mine from www.microwarehouse.co.uk - just 'cos no one else had them at the time (that was right after the THG group review!). I'd be very surprised if any large retailer will open the boxes and check them - you'll only get that at a smaller retailer and will probably pay more. Microwarehouse are real good on returning things - if you speak to them - or any retailer you can get on the phone! - maybe they'll tell you if they'll take it back if you're not happy; no charge with Microwarehouse - they even get a courier to pick collect returns! Still, they're not as cheap as some sites but customer service is second to none. And don't even think about trying to phone Dabs - you can't anymore - their email support is just pants too.

Thanks
    Ive spoken to Nexnix, and they only do dead pixel checks on stock models.. which for them means the hitachi CML series.

Im thinking of just going for it. if there is a dead pixel, I'll just send it back within 7 days. That shouldnt cost more than a tenner, and legally is within my rights, right?

cheers shredisntdead, I'd have a look on microwarehouse, if the site wasnt down.
    Btw, u in richmond SW London?

Thanks
    the site isnt down......... im lookingat it right now ??
    Desktop: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1024Mb PC-3200 TwinMOS w/Winbond, MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, Radeon 9800SE AIW, 40 GB 7,200 Rpm Hitachi Deskstar, 120GB 7,200 Rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor Diamond 9, 160GB 7200 Rpm 8mb Cache Seagate 7200.7 SATA, Plextor 708A 8x DVD-RW, 550W PFC Q-tec PSU, Casetek 1019SM Silver Case, Camdridge Soundworks DTT2200 Speakers

Laptop: Clevo D470W - 17" Widescreen TFT, Intel Pentium4 3.06Ghz 533FSB, 1024Mb PC-2700 Hynix, Radeon Mobility 9000 64Mb, Fujitsu 80Gb 4,200rpm, 250Gb 7,2000rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor OneTouch, Toshiba SD-R6372 DVD-RW +/- x4, Built-in Four speakers, webcam and microphone

Thanks
    aye, think I had a proxy problem. seen it now too

Thanks
    NO dead pixels in my own 1760NXBK from Ebuyer about 3 weeks ago....

Fun Not Frags - www.gsvgaming.net

Thread Information