Thread: Should you returned DVD-R if there is dust on them?

Formerly known as Viet Cong Zombi and tuone
    Thanks

Should you returned DVD-R if there is dust on them?

I have just bought three packs of data write yellow from ebuyer, and there are tiny weenie bits of dust on the surface of every DVDR from two of the packs.

That is 50 brand new DVDR with tiny bits of dust on every one. Would you return it? I want to. Who would want to burn important information on a DVD with some speckles of dust on it ?

Sitting in a tin can. Far above the Earth.
    Thanks
    Rinse them off *carefully* with warm water. Let them dry in the air, don't rub them dry. If there are no scratches on the disk surface, they should be fine. Still, the bulk packs of Ritek G04's I buy (100 of) are always sealed in plastic so no dirt can get in - unless it's at the factory. Hopefully yours should be OK - unless the dirt is actually IN the dvd surface - i.e. something went wrong in manufactur, in which case you should send them back!

Nomadd
    Support the OcUK Forum Free Speech Initiative: If you intend to register with the intention of posting defamatory remarks about OcUK, then please click here to return to the index. If you continue to register, and post any complaints or criticisms of OcUK, then your account will be immediately removed.

Thanks
    Still thats a time consuming and kind of annoying thing to have to do if you paid good money for them

Thanks
    Doesnt sound like Ebuyers fault if you want the truth. If the dust is on the disk's itself from being packed, chances are, they were like that before they were sold by Ebuyer.

Just run a warm bath (NOT hot), put the disk in, and give it a shake under the water, and let it dry itself.
    Annoying, but these things happen (and let me guess, it was cheap right ? )
    Last edited by Agent; 19-08-2004 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Formerly known as Viet Cong Zombi and tuone
    Thanks
    `round here i'd have to decalsify the water before using it... because last time I tried that there was chalk on after.
    the DVD cake tubs are all sealed but there is still dust inside. It's definitely data writes manufacturing process which has gone cheap since I bought the last lot, it seems that the print of the DVD is also only one colour now, to save on the label ink. And it's now written data right yellow instead of data right classic and it's still yellow. Plus the older ones are made in Taiwan, the new ones look too cheap that. no sir, I don't like it.
    Just to say that the special offer data right yellow at ebuyer are definitely not recommended. I think that the DVD's in tubs are generally worse quality than shrink-wrapped ones, which is the absolute best way to transport them and conserve them. Things in tubs always rattle around +i'v got tons of DVDs that was substandard this way. scratch marks, scuffs etc

Where r good places for 100 packs?

Sitting in a tin can. Far above the Earth.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viet cong zombi
    Where r good places for 100 packs?

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk
    Support the OcUK Forum Free Speech Initiative: If you intend to register with the intention of posting defamatory remarks about OcUK, then please click here to return to the index. If you continue to register, and post any complaints or criticisms of OcUK, then your account will be immediately removed.

iMc
    Thanks
    www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

not 100% if they do 100 packs but a good shop none the less. my mate lives near them and says the owners are very helpful etc...
    HEXUS|iMc

Thread Information