Thread: fans out of control

Richard Allen Evans mr_anderson187's Avatar
    Thanks

fans out of control

ok guys another thread of my pc which earlier in the week done my fingers in, now its doin my ears in, if youve been reading up on my threads youll have seen that i got a 120mm focussed flow delta fan which is incredibly effiecint at cooling, keeping me at 19 degress but heres the problem, i have a lot of thermaltake stuff, and my new delta fan is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally noisy, like a jet taking off seriusoly, i can even hear it downstairs, lol, so i have two fan controllers a hardcano 12 and a hardcano 9, which came with the case, i got the fan rigged up with the 12, evverything was sweet as a nut, it was quiet on low and ear spllitting when i cranked it up, but somethign happened, now whatever fan i put in it holds it on max, all the buttons work on te front apart from the + and the - whcih control them, does anyone have a baldy what coudl be doing this, cos i think the hardcano 9 only varies it between 7 and 12 volts, its pretty pish tbh, please guys i could realyl do with your help as im going deaf and pulling my hair out
    Under Development...

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    if you had the delta on the hardcano maybe it was just too much for it to handle and has gone tits up because of it?

i dont know what wattage the fan is or what the hardcano can handle tho so could be wrong

Thanks
    perish the thought dude, it cost me 40 quid a few months ago from dabs if your right , which it has occured to me you could be, does anyone know of a fan contfoller, that actually controlls them , now a jippy 5v 7v 12v one, that has liek 4 settings, this hardcano 12 increased it in like 200rpm incremnents it was amazing, any1 know what i should do?

Under Development...

pre
    Thanks
    You might want to check the max wattage per fan controller channel of the hardvolcano - its probably less than than the running wattage of a 120mm delta in which case it probably has blown the resistor(s) on that channel.

Rob
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson187
    does anyone know of a fan contfoller, that actually controlls them
    Don't know if this is what your looking for. I am after the same kind of solution, and am sorely tempted by this beauty. HERE

pre
    Thanks
    The vantec controllers do 18w per channel officially. i went with a sunbeam rheobus which does high wattage as well (cant remember what exactly) but I dont know of any controllers that officially support the peak 24w per channel that a 120mm ff delta uses!

Thanks
    ok took a look at that one Rob Pointed Out, it looks really good,b ut would it be liek my hardcano 9, it only controls them fro, 5-12volt, and this one says the dials conmtrols from 5 to 12, so what can i do, i dont want to blow this next one too if i get another one, or could i rewire the resistor on my hardcano 12, any suggestions guys?
    Under Development...

Thread Information