Thread: Loss of internet when DVD burns?

Happy Now?
    Thanks

Loss of internet when DVD burns?

For some reason my PC has started to not want todo anything else when i burn a DVD. I cant access the net, it just dies. And things hang for ages before opening. I try not todo too much anyway cause i dont wanna skuff the DVD writing process but ive only got 1 PC to use and need to get things done rather than waiting an hour for it to finish (1x DVD-Rs.. they were free).

Using Nero 5.5.x.x (latest one). Its on the same bus as my CDRW drive, but i never use the CDRW the same time as the DVDRW drive.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Formerly known as Viet Cong Zombi and tuone
    Thanks
    it eats the ide bus... try making it Dma enabled, update ide drivers (nforce ide is still made to do just what you have)...
    i have only had one rig that played music etc and made cd-r all at once, it was a via. it's somewhere in between memory access and ide interrupt sluggishness

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    No i have an INTEL chipset for an INTEL processor none of ur skummy AMD pap (j/k ) DMA is enabled for it afaik :S Although i will check. I also have the latest intel drivers from the intel site.

Hmm. It shouldnt hog the bus, its only just over a meg per second steam ??
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    I think its actually the disk its reading it off. For some reason my desktop crashes and reloads every time i copy stuff to it and try to edit file names. Either that or its got a problem with OGG files.

Thread Information