Thread: EPoX 8KRA2+ Crashes with optimised defaults

Thanks

Unhappy EPoX 8KRA2+ Crashes with optimised defaults

I have just built a system with an EPoX Mobo, an Athlon XP2400 Cpu, 512Mb RAM and Windows XP Home. I dont know a thing about the BIOS and so when powering up for the first time was surprised to see my cpu shown as a 1800 instead of 2400. I went into the BIOS and messed around afew times and after a few times resetting the cmos (as it would no longer boot up or at least no display) decided to load the optimised defaults. Great, I had a 2400!!
    The only problem is the system kept crashing with messages like "Bad Handle" "Genaral fault at...." or " somethinoranother exception" Windows tries to blame my drivers sometimes and others says it doesn't know, but my drivers are ones supplied by EPox. Hence, I am back to running it at slower speeds when people I have spoken to reckon this should be quite a fast machine. Please Help!!!

Thanks
    Set it to omtimised mode, then download memtest86 and see if you get any errors. That you're first step... see if the RAM can handle whatever the "optimised" timings are.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    Ran All tests for about 2 +half hours without errors. (Thnx for the hyperlink Kez) So, it's not that. I've got a feeling this may be a long thread!

Thanks
    I think you're gonna have to tweak it up manually then.

http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=7&var1=18 <- this will be amazingly useful if you've not dabbled in the BIOS before. Basically, it tells you what EVERYTHING does, although not every option in that list will be in your BIOS.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thread Information