Thread: 100% Crashability

Richard Allen Evans mr_anderson187's Avatar
    Thanks

100% Crashability

hey guys

got a bit of a problem here, i got that nforce version to 2.0 mobo, and im getin a bit of jip from it.

ive read a link that buff gave to me about common problems.

what the problem is, is that everytime that i am running the machine it randomly cr4ashes and i have to turn off the psu and restart it, when it crashes it gives out an error beep thing, like an eeeoooeeeoooeeeoooeeeoooeeeoooeee (i think you get the idea) i think i read, (on the link that buff gave me) that it is overheating, but the cpu is about 29, and never feels hot. but the worrying temperature is 49, its not the northbridge as it has a wee fan on it so its not that, and nowhere really on the mobo feels hot, i am getting this reading as Temperature 2, for the fan and temperature monitoring that i use called 'SpeedFan 4.15'

could this be bios update that i need?

or any other problem?

Much Appreciated
    Richard Evans
    Under Development...

Thanks
    49 will be the cpu, 29 will be the system temperature, just that probes have been mapped wrong in your monitoring program (it happens).

What voltage you using for your chip?

Drain your water clean it all out and reapply thermal paste. Its a pain I know but will help in long run.

Thanks
    im not using water, im back on air again, im gona put water in my second rig, i dont think it the cpu as i can touuch it and it is relativly cold, and im using a coolermaster fan on it, im sure that the 29 is the cpu as when i plug the fan out 29 rises to liek 33 and down again then, any other ideas?

oh and its at stock, which is 1.6v
    Under Development...

Thanks
    Reapply the thermal paste and reseat the heatsink regardless of whether you think it's the problem or not. It is quite likely to be the problem so it's worth ruling it out properly.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    i cant do this right now, again, but ive done this a few tiems as it was still doing it when i was on water, the network admin at school who fixed it last tim,e it was b0rked said it coudl eb a bios error, or need a bios update whats the chances of that, ive pretty sure it isnt the heastsink, cos ive had it on and off a few tiems on water and on air, i just thought it wouldve been a bios problem
    Under Development...

I shall never tire... BEANFro Elite's Avatar
    Thanks
    • BEANFro Elite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Rev.3.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Memory Vengeance 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb RevoDrive 3 X2, 1x 1TB Maxter DiamondMax 11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire ATi HD5970 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermater Cosmos Pure Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk
    maybe the cpu's broken, because you've said you've taken the cooler off several times.

it also sounds like you have an epox 8rda+ mobo...when the connectors of my barton had thermal pate on them (it's a long story) and i tried it in frosty's motherboard (also an 8rda+) it made the same noise eeeeoooooooooeeeooooooeeeooooo but it wasn't the loudest of noises.

After bathing the CPU in some thermal paste remover it worked like a dream and is now running stably at a juicy 3200+ (2.21GHz) in my mobo, an asus a7n8x E deluxe.

also pouring some in the socket itself won't go amiss either.

BUT MAKE SURE YOU ALLOW THE SOLUTION TO DRY COMPLETELY OR YOUR PC WILL BE A PUDDLE OF ITS FORMER SELF!!

so have a butchers at the connecting pins on the cpu itself for thermal paste as its an insulator and so data isn't being sent through the pins with the paste on them.

this might sound farfetched but i know this from first hand, and it is worth look no??

Thanks
    nah ive had it on and off, while the pc as off lol ill try what you said, but can anybody recomend a monitoring program that will tell me the right temps and maybe evem allow me to control the fans?
    Under Development...

Thread Information