Thread: Conductive Pen - Best For Bridge Modding?

Thanks

Conductive Pen - Best For Bridge Modding?

I know a lot of mods can be done using pencils, especially th old Palomino mod. I'm looking at modding my X800 Pro, and in Custom PC they say to use a Conductive pen, retailing about £20. I've read somewhere that a pencil won't work in this situation...what would the more experienced members here recommend?
    Also...having read that COnductive Paint contains paint and silver...shouldn't some carefully applied arctic silver 5 do the trick?
    Thanks!
    Cynix

pre
    Thanks
    theres car rear window defogger repair ink from halfords as well. as5 is a bit thick compared to older as so might be bit difficult to use - not sure how permanent it would be either.

Thanks
    Hmm...I had a quick look at the halfords site, couldn't finda nything...I'll see if I can drop by the local outlet this week - Thanks!

Sitting in a tin can. Far above the Earth.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    Hmm...I had a quick look at the halfords site, couldn't finda nything...I'll see if I can drop by the local outlet this week - Thanks!
    Yep, that's what I did when I was unlocking an Athlon 2400 a couple of years ago. Luckily, they had bottles in stock. Think it's about £5. As recommended, I used a pin to apply it. Unfortunately, it was tough to get a track good enough to pass the current required - and I was constantly checking my work with a multi-meter. I found it best to apply it in several layers, shaking the bottle like crazy between each application, to get the conductive component in the paint to mix properly. You'll get there in the end, but it takes patience - and I would recommend a cheap multi-meter if you haven't already got one.

EDIT: Ditto the other persons post: no, I don't think AS5 is what you want for this job!

Nomadd
    Last edited by Nomadd; 05-09-2004 at 10:03 PM.
    Support the OcUK Forum Free Speech Initiative: If you intend to register with the intention of posting defamatory remarks about OcUK, then please click here to return to the index. If you continue to register, and post any complaints or criticisms of OcUK, then your account will be immediately removed.

Thanks
    • DaKid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z270E
      • CPU:
      • i7-7700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD SSD, 3TB Sata (internal), 3TB USB (external)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AORUS 1080Ti
      • Case:
      • Define R5
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 100GB
    Arctic Silver is meant to be thermally conductive only isn't it? i.e. non electrically-conductive ... they designed it that way to be safer for the computer

Thanks
    No, AS5 is conductive, that's part of the problem. That's why they developed a special Ceramic one...almost as good as AS, but not conductive. I figured it wouldn't be the best stuff tho, but I thought I'd ask...Halfords it is, I guess!

PS: Doom 3 0wnz ridiculously - if ONLY the networking actually allowed online play as opposed to slideshows...

Thread Information