Thread: SN95G5 and Geil Golden Draggon 3200

Thanks

SN95G5 and Geil Golden Dragon 3200

Anyone know if there are any compatibility problems with Geil Memory and the SN95G5 shuttle?
    Last edited by djcla; 04-10-2004 at 06:44 PM.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Here's the current support list

Doesn't mention Geil anywhere, but I imagine it should be okay, unfortunately there's not many peeps on here with them yet to check with..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    Shuttles can certainly be tempremental with memory, and there was problems with the 1st batch of 45g's and geil memory, but no reason why it wouldn't work.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    cheers for that think I might take the gamble, can't see why it shouldn't m=work

Thanks
    My SN95G5 and my old Geil Ultra memory would work. The Geil memorys timings were 2-6-3-3, which works fine in my old P4 setup, but I was unable to get my SN95G5 stable with anything higher than 2.5-6-3-3. In the end I changed to Crucial Ballistix and now I can achieve 2-5-2-2. Geil Dragon could well have the same problem. Others have suffered with under performing Geil ram on the 939 A64 boards.

Thanks
    was that the PC3200 Golden Draggon you had or PC3500?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huddy
    My SN95G5 and my old Geil Ultra memory would work.
    Some people have had similar problems with Geil memory on the Nforce 3 boards. Check out this link and do a quick search.

Thanks
    Huddy, I have read some stuff on the Geil site but it only seems to be PC3500 memory and I was wondering if this was the case with yours or did you have PC3200?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djcla
    Huddy, I have read some stuff on the Geil site but it only seems to be PC3500 memory and I was wondering if this was the case with yours or did you have PC3200?

Mine was Geil Ultra 3200. How much are you planning to spend on the memory as the Crucial Ballastix is pretty well priced and has excellent performance. It might be worth going for that to avoid any issues.

Thanks
    yeah no the issue is i already have Geil GD PC3200 memory in my MSI 7N2 Ulta board with an XP3200 which works fine. I was just thinking about getting the shuttle and an A64 3500 chip but as I spent so much on the memory I did not want issues. I am very unlucky when buy computer stuff I am going off the idea now as I am worried about the cas 2.5 thing. By the was is the shuttle SN95G5 quiet as I currently have a sntec Sonata case which is fairly quiet.

Thanks
    yeah no the issue is i already have Geil GD PC3200 memory in my MSI 7N2 Ulta board with an XP3200 which works fine. I was just thinking about getting the shuttle and an A64 3500 chip but as I spent so much on the memory I did not want issues. I am very unlucky when buy computer stuff I am going off the idea now as I am worried about the cas 2.5 thing. By the was is the shuttle SN95G5 quiet as I currently have a sntec Sonata case which is fairly quiet.
    Having had a SB61G2 before my SN95G5, its as silent as a sleeping baby . Well its certainly one of the quietest Shuttles out there.

Thanks
    Thats good news because I see you can set the fans to low speed settings to bring noise down, i am very tempted a lot of cash though and it could be a gamble, but then again what .5 on the memory cycles?

Thanks
    Thats good news because I see you can set the fans to low speed settings to bring noise down, i am very tempted a lot of cash though and it could be a gamble, but then again what .5 on the memory cycles?
    .5 is not much tbh. It does have a little more impact on a A64 over a P4 though, buts its not much. I love my SN95G5 its very quick.

Thanks
    I am also wondering about RAM voltages as I posted on the GEIL site and the tech guy was only concerned about the voltages saying the the GEil Golden dragon needed between 2.6 and 2.7 but I am assuming this shuttle is capable of that as I believe the PSU's are quite efficient.

Thread Information