Thread: Anyone know of any good quality 140mm blue LED fans? Phanteks PH-F140SP perhaps?

Registered+
    Thanks

Anyone know of any good quality 140mm blue LED fans? Phanteks PH-F140SP perhaps?

I need to replace the top exhaust fan in my PC since the current one has died. I also want to swap the bottom front intake with something better quality and with higher static pressure than the Aerocool Shark I've got at the moment.

The Phanteks PH-F140SP looks good and is fairly well priced. I could only find one review of it but other Phantek fans with similar designs and the same bearing are very well rated. Anyone used this fan or know of any better alternatives?

hitechlegion.com/reviews/cooling/heatsinks/37419-phanteks-f140
    silentpcreview.com/article1345-page7.html

Registered+
    Thanks
    • l1ghtm4st3r's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M4a87td/USB3
      • CPU:
      • AMD x6 1090t @ 3.8Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Seagate Barracuda 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Windforce 3x 7950
      • PSU:
      • OCZ ModXStream 600w
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Scout
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 27" 2560x1440 IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Unlimited 76Mb

Re: Anyone know of any good quality 140mm blue LED fans? Phanteks PH-F140SP perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by NickMackz View Post
    I need to replace the top exhaust fan in my PC since the current one has died. I also want to swap the bottom front intake with something better quality and with higher static pressure than the Aerocool Shark I've got at the moment.

The Phanteks PH-F140SP looks good and is fairly well priced. I could only find one review of it but other Phantek fans with similar designs and the same bearing are very well rated. Anyone used this fan or know of any better alternatives?

hitechlegion.com/reviews/cooling/heatsinks/37419-phanteks-f140
    silentpcreview.com/article1345-page7.html
    Hi,

I was also looking at getting phanteks fan, in terms of performance, they are incredible in what they are offering.

They shift loads of air at a low noise level. In terms of reliability, I can't say but, from reviews of the PH-140TS version (which looks the same but with no LED lights), I'd say they're also a good product reliability wise too.

In terms of better alternatives, I don't know any that will have such a high CFM/noise rating but the Phanteks would be your best choice for your exhaust fan as all you're trying to do is just get the air out.

For your intake you may want to do a bit more research and get something with more static pressure to get it right into your components. But this still seems like a decent fan at doing that.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Anyone know of any good quality 140mm blue LED fans? Phanteks PH-F140SP perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by l1ghtm4st3r View Post
    Hi,

I was also looking at getting phanteks fan, in terms of performance, they are incredible in what they are offering.

They shift loads of air at a low noise level. In terms of reliability, I can't say but, from reviews of the PH-140TS version (which looks the same but with no LED lights), I'd say they're also a good product reliability wise too.

In terms of better alternatives, I don't know any that will have such a high CFM/noise rating but the Phanteks would be your best choice for your exhaust fan as all you're trying to do is just get the air out.

For your intake you may want to do a bit more research and get something with more static pressure to get it right into your components. But this still seems like a decent fan at doing that.
    Thanks for the response.

It seems to be very hard to find good 140mm LED fans, especially high pressure ones, so I haven't managed to find anything better than this. Whilst I obviously don't need LEDs, I like the effect and want to have them if possible.

This has nearly the same static pressure as the ones they use on their heatsinks so it should do a reasonable job I think. Certainly should do considerably better than the Aerocool shark that I've got at the moment.

Thread Information