Thread: 478, 775, 1mb prescotts (bleh!) umm Im confused.

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media

478, 775, 1mb prescotts (bleh!) umm Im confused.

Ok so heres the deal,

i want to upgrade vitually all my system except for the graphics card and the power supply (XFX 6800Gt and a Thermaltake 480 PurePower)

So this means I need a new motherboard and memory and CPU and case, for case I am going Antec P160. For memory its either Crucial Ballistix or Patriot (Patriot ran the Corsair uber close and the price is just obscene) if I go Patriot I get 2Gb if I go Balllistix then its only a gig cos its like, err expensive lol.

Then there is the chip, I hear that the pressy's run hot hot hot, so I wanted to stay in northwood territory, but 3.2's are getting really rare all of a sudden at retailers, so I might have to go prescott territory, but then I have another question, do I got 478 or 775 lol

It must be a mobo that still does AGP, so for the 478 pin I would go with the Asus P4C-800 Deluxe, I have seen a 775 board with AGp, but I cannot remember for the life of me where at this moment.

So in brief.....but look at in sequence cos the next question is based on the previous lol

3.2 Northwood or 3.2 775 Prescott?

Which motherboard as it must have AGP support

Which RAM would you recommend.

-------

Overclocking is not something I do, but my current machine runs too loud but I want it quicker so I need something peace and quiet that runs like stink

Ta!

m@
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    Abit has one with 775 and agp... there is also a dual P4 that supports both 478 and 775..... I'll find some links for ya!

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/915p-a.html

http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/i...asp?pro_id=136

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...es=1&model=191

Sorry, but I dont have much time to give you more links... As for ram I'd say if you want cheap go for some corsair value series, or geil...

Theres alot to watch out for... some have a agp slot but its on the PCI bus... so you really got to be carefull! Once you chose one let us know, and well look into the board!
    Last edited by myth; 01-11-2004 at 07:20 PM.

Thread Information