Thread: Water Cooling Problems Already!

Thanks

Water Cooling Problems Already!

Im finally trying to get my w/c system implemented now before i shoot off to uni, it consists of:

Danger Den Res
    DD Maze 4 GPU
    DD Maze 4 CPU
    BIX
    Eheim 1250

However the first stage of the setup is filling the damn system, i dont know how i would go about doing it, whether i would have to fill up the res gradually or whether i would need to have a tube goin straight into a water supply to the pump.

Any help would really be appreciated (again!)

Thanks.

Thanks
    well if u've connected up with the danger den res at the highest point and all tubes are connected. then just fill her up
    AMD 64 3400, Geforce FX 5800, 2x 80GB HDD, ASUS K8V Deluxe, Kingston PC3200 1GB valueram.

Thanks
    yes, making sure you've tested all the parts outside of the case for at least 24 hours first.

Fill the res and run it, then top it up as the air gets pushed from the pipes.

Thanks
    the pump will not 'break' if it has no water in it (altho it will overheat after a long period of time.), so start filling up the res, once it has stopped filling up the first pipe, turn the pump on, and keep filling the res up until its, well full

Thanks
    • BornEvil's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 @ 4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC2-8500
      • Storage:
      • 2x Samsung F1 640Gb RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Ati Radeon 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX 650
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 Watercooled
      • Operating System:
      • Vista x64
    Originally posted by cky2k
    the pump will not 'break' if it has no water in it (altho it will overheat after a long period of time.)
    yeah i really will not worry about letting it pump air, your pump will not be harmed if it is a short space of time,

but i does give u a few airbubbles in your tubes/blocks, but i am sure they will disappear in time

Thanks
    yup, and keep switching the pump on and off (not the pc itself tho!) this will really help in getting rif of the air,

btw it is safe to run your pc when its still 'bleeding' the air out, as long as its just the odd air pocket -they will sort them selves out,

and for getting air out of the rad, when your pump is on (again not the pc.) tilt your system from side to side to move the air about, and it'll soon find its way to your res

-good luck

Thread Information