Thread: sn95g5 spdif sound lag problem

Thanks

sn95g5 spdif sound lag problem

Im using the onboard sound on my new shuttle sn95g5, putting the spdif out into my home cinema receiver.
    Now when there are no sounds playing, and then a sound starts to play, you wont hear the first 1/2 second of what is played. So half the windows sounds you only hear the tail end.
    Im pretty sure this isnt a problem with my reciever as i have tried both the optical and coaxial outputs of the shuttle and have been using the coaxial output on my audigy on my old pc until 2 days ago without fault.
    There is no such delay on the headphone socket on the front.

I have tried the nforce drivers that came with my shuttle, and some new 6.14 beta drivers. I also tried the specific realtek drivers for the codec. No luck.

Am i the only one with this problem? is there a way to fix it or should i just invest in a seperate sound card, using up my 1 free pci. I'd really prefer to stick to spdif/digital connection if i can because i have this reciever and it sounds so much better with spdif.

listen to escape fails :) luap.h's Avatar
    Thanks
    maybe your receiver is taking a second to switch to Dolby Digital? I'm pretty sure the Audigy doesn't have dolby digital encoding, whereas the nforce2 soundchip does

Try disabling the DD option in the nforce panel and see if it still cuts out at the start

Thanks
    sorry i should have given more details. This (sn95g5) shuttle is a pretty new model and its Nforce3 which doesnt have soundstorm, and so no dolby encoding. Although its easily possible that the format of the output of my shuttle is different to that of the audigy. I really dont know Maybe if there was something in the drivers to keep the reciever awake and thinking its receiving something constantly rather than switching to recieve on and off all the time.
    But to be honest i have no idea!

Thread Information