Thread: Anyone know.....

Title Contender
    Thanks

Anyone know.....

how much roughly a new lcd cost for a 15inch laptop or a Fuji Siemens Amilo D to be precise?

cheers again

Thanks
    Thats a tough one tbh... I think it depends on your video card... I know that my laptop has an ATI Radeon 7800 Mobility in (or some thing similar) but I cant update the drivers, becuase the drivers for the screen itself are coded into the drivers for the video card, and using any other mobility drivers it would just ignore them.

I cant say how much it would be to replace a screen, but its worth finding out first if you can change the screen without needing different drivers.

Hope thats helped in some way

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RufusKing
    Thats a tough one tbh... I think it depends on your video card... I know that my laptop has an ATI Radeon 7800 Mobility in (or some thing similar) but I cant update the drivers, becuase the drivers for the screen itself are coded into the drivers for the video card, and using any other mobility drivers it would just ignore them.

I cant say how much it would be to replace a screen, but its worth finding out first if you can change the screen without needing different drivers.

Hope thats helped in some way
    You would probably be able to use powerstrip to write a custom monitor driver with the right timings if you really had to, but I'm not sure there'd be any need.

No idea on a price though.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thread Information