Thread: Linux on Palm (or another use for it)

Thanks

Linux on Palm (or another use for it)

guys,

I'm board with my palm M515
    I'm finding myself using it less and less due to crappy apps on it, that as I get more productive seem more resrective.

i was thinking of trying to put a linux install on it, and wondered if anyone had managed this, thought about this.

Any other uses for the palm other than a linux toy at the moment I just use it for a remote control, but as my sony commander has just turned up I have no need for it

Thanks
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    Well it looks like Palm Source is embracing linux as a mobile kernel see here although I dont think that will help you much.

I saw this Linux for palm project on sourceforge a while back but nothing seems to be happening to it .

I actually find my Palm Tungten E very useful at the mo. I regularly use apps such as Documents to go, the date book/calender, Aeroplayer ogg player, notebook app and EasyCalc calculator. Over the last few months I have been finding it very useful as a (simple and portable) word processor, music player etc .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by turkster
    Well it looks like Palm Source is embracing linux as a mobile kernel see here although I dont think that will help you much.

I saw this Linux for palm project on sourceforge a while back but nothing seems to be happening to it .

I actually find my Palm Tungten E very useful at the mo. I regularly use apps such as Documents to go, the date book/calender, Aeroplayer ogg player, notebook app and EasyCalc calculator. Over the last few months I have been finding it very useful as a (simple and portable) word processor, music player etc .
    I've seen Linux running on a Clié but don't know much about the M515.

I love my Clie, it may only be an SJ30 and may know be severely behind the likes of the Tungsten T3, but I love it to bits and would be seriously lost without it. I get a lot of ideas when working on projects whilst at work/on the train/walking, it's great just to be able to jot them down then sync them with my desktop when I get in on a night

Thread Information