Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doing a whole new build. Can I get some help please?

ZaO

Re: Doing a whole new build. Can I get some help please?

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Using flubit is easy, google for site, create account it's free. You copy a link from Amazon into site and wait for your personal offer and buy, pay by credit/debit card.

Anyway if I had your £1000 and must have's you highlight then this is my build list, from current prices.

Bare in mind the normal price for the CM 690 III is £75 - £80. I went 256GB on SSD as my OS with office/other apps & utils/benchmarking SW takes up 80GB. The Raijintek Ereboss was tested on an i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz with 1.275v vCore and got very good review in Custom PC Sep 14 issue. Here is link to earlier test on Link:- Bit Tech

Even without Flubit the build is within budget by £150 -£170 but missing a projector/monitor/tv. You end up with great semi modular PSU, GPU you want & CPU, SSD, mobo with CF/SLI and SATA express, M2 slot and 8 true phases. Link:- Do read this review on case, now with spare budget you could add extra fans or opt for AIO cooling later if temps an issue.
    I might use flubit for a case or something, but I probably won't for the actual components. I will check out those links in a minute. Thanks for the help

This is a good case and was on my shortlist for next build ...

Now above reason is why I didn't go for it, no 5.25" bays, so do you or don't you need a ROM ZaO?
    Even if I don't buy one straight away due to current budget for this build, I definitely will get a blu-ray drive at some point! I have an old dvd drive from another computer I can use to get me by for now. So yeh, must have..

Thanks
    • gupsterg's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + HGST 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master V850
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Temjin 06 plus mods ;)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk VDSL

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    I might use flubit for a case or something, but I probably won't for the actual components. I will check out those links in a minute. Thanks for the help
    I've bought 2x SSD's Crucial MX100 256GB from them, warranty is with crucial and they have good support/service from what I've heard. Also bought Logitech K400 plus an item for the home which actually was delivered by John Lewis even though bought from Flubit and warranty/support is with manufacturer for 2yrs from day 1. Flubit are like a middle man between you and x company at purchase point, support from what I've seen so far is with manufacturer.

Even if I don't buy one straight away due to current budget for this build, I definitely will get a blu-ray drive at some point! I have an old dvd drive from another computer I can use to get me by for now. So yeh, must have..
    Then the NZXT S340 isn't the case for you either ...

ZaO

I've bought 2x SSD's Crucial MX100 256GB from them, warranty is with crucial and they have good support/service from what I've heard. Also bought Logitech K400 plus an item for the home which actually was delivered by John Lewis even though bought from Flubit and warranty/support is with manufacturer for 2yrs from day 1. Flubit are like a middle man between you and x company at purchase point, support from what I've seen so far is with manufacturer.

Then the NZXT S340 isn't the case for you either ...
    Yeh I did look into the site, and I get the idea. But I'm not keen on it. I mean, if I can look up each part and see that the warranty is with the manufacturer, that's cool. But I don't want stuff coming from places like Value Basket (which is one of the possibilities with them. I'm sure they find stuff from similar stores. It's not like you even know where it's coming from before you buy, is it?). I got a phone from Value Basket once which was supposed to be new, but the seal was broken. I think it was a refurb, which is why the price was cheaper. I've experienced this before with other shops also - very.co.uk do this all the time, for example. I want to make sure I'm actually buying new stuff. Though the possibility of something that's not technically new is always somewhat there, I prefer to stick to places I feel are more trustworthy, even if I pay a little more for it. But your solution is kinda cool because of what I'm trying to get with my budget. So I'll see what I can do. I might use it if I have to!

Thanks
    • gupsterg's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master V850
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk VDSL

There was an error in my spreadsheet, here is right discounted GT's in red (it was build on right which had wrong GT) also be aware system on right is with R9 290.

Also Link:- BX100 Link:- MX100 are similar in performance but BX100 is without hardware encryption.

At present BX100 on lightning deal Link:- Amazon £59.99 delivered
    Last edited by gupsterg; 24-03-2015 at 02:38 AM.

ZaO

There was an error in my spreadsheet, here is right discounted GT's in red (it was build on right which had wrong GT) also be aware system on right is with R9 290.

Also Link:- BX100 Link:- MX100 are similar in performance but BX100 is without hardware encryption.

At present BX100 on lightning deal Link:- Amazon £59.99 delivered
    Cool. I'll have to look into the BX100s a bit more then. Thanks.

Thanks
    • gupsterg's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master V850
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk VDSL

I found this review great when making my purchase decisions recently, Link:- http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/C.../BX100_250_GB/

Most reviews go into things which literally to me don't give enough benches on things I'd be doing with SSD but Techpowerup's ones do. For me it also gave comparatives of the BX100, MX100, EVO 840, EVO 850 all at the same capacity of 250-256GB. Due to the nature of how SSD's work bigger SSD's tend to bench faster on writes and perhaps other aspects.

Presently waiting on Flubit offer on BX100 250GB as can use that for an upgrade on a family member's laptop, will let you know what deal they give .

Thanks
    • dfour's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair 8 Hero wifi
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700x
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Dark pro @3600
      • Storage:
      • sabrent and wd nvme + 3 TB storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Vega 64 Strix water cooled
      • PSU:
      • Fractal design Ion+ 760p
      • Case:
      • Lian Li 011D custom water cooled
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC agon 32" + Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Zen Fibre @72 meg

I think that one was suggested before somewhere. It does look very interesting. But, according to that reivew, it's a little noisy compared to others. That's the only thing that puts me off a little.. Thanks.
    Yeah it was me before. The fan noise is nothing you cant sort out with a £10 fan controller or a couple of zalman fan mates if you can find any around.

The saphire linked oin Gupstergs spreadsheet is a non X version while the MSi is the full fat X version for only £20 more.

ZaO

I found this review great when making my purchase decisions recently, Link:- http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/C.../BX100_250_GB/

Most reviews go into things which literally to me don't give enough benches on things I'd be doing with SSD but Techpowerup's ones do. For me it also gave comparatives of the BX100, MX100, EVO 840, EVO 850 all at the same capacity of 250-256GB. Due to the nature of how SSD's work bigger SSD's tend to bench faster on writes and perhaps other aspects.

Presently waiting on Flubit offer on BX100 250GB as can use that for an upgrade on a family member's laptop, will let you know what deal they give .
    Durability is always one of my main concerns. I think the Crucials generally have a good rep for that one. So hopefully I'll be safe with one of them. It's either one of them or the Samsung really. I think I'm starting to lean more towards Crucial though..

Quote Originally Posted by dfour View Post
    Yeah it was me before. The fan noise is nothing you cant sort out with a £10 fan controller or a couple of zalman fan mates if you can find any around.

The saphire linked oin Gupstergs spreadsheet is a non X version while the MSi is the full fat X version for only £20 more.
    Yeh it might be good with some fan control. I like the idea of that case. It's nice to see the gpu gets a good airflow - something that's always bugged me about traditional case designs. I really don't see why all the air should be scattered around a hdd bay first..

I have looked at that nice Msi 290X on Overclockers a few times. But, I'm going to buy everything all together at once, once I have enough money. It might mean I miss out on a good deal, then again, something better might pop up. I'll have to hope for the best :/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information