Thread: Cornerstone P1500 21" - Packed in? :(

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Cornerstone P1500 21" - Packed in? :(

Was on the computer (err as you do!) and my screen just fuzzed up momentarily then it just cut out

Now, when I try and power it up, the power light flashes, and there's a "click" to everytime it flashes on (from within the monitor) - so it's probably not the power supply?

What do you think is the problem? i.e. is it worth my while getting it fixed?

Dont think I can go back to 17" now

Thanks
    Dunno what the problem is.
    I wouldnt think its worth getting it fixed, if your paying someone for it. Mostplaces would charge more than our monitors are worth!

Might be fixable yourself, but I doubt it. Take the lid off and look for any obvious damage, E.g. burnt out capacitor or something.

The click happens when the green/yellow led flashes on, or does the screen itself go on?

Where abouts are you? I happen to have a P1500 that I wont be needing soon (replacing with a Viewwsonic VX912 19" TFT), and I cant find anyone that wants it.. So it might go in the bin

Spanked Member
    Thanks
    The click happens when the green/yellow led flashes on, or does the screen itself go on?
    Press the power button on, and the LED will double-flash . . . and double click at the same time (maybe trying to power up the tube?) . . . does this twice then cuts out again. Ive no idea if it's yellow or green (colourblind, always thought it was yellow).

Where abouts are you? I happen to have a P1500 that I wont be needing soon (replacing with a Viewwsonic VX912 19" TFT), and I cant find anyone that wants it.. So it might go in the bin
    I live in Edinburgh, scotland - prob not anywhere near 95% of the members here

Thanks
    hmm I dont know much about the insides of monitors. I think the click is made by the high voltage electrongun (crts run at 20kv iirc) as it turns on, so if thats related to the problem, its probably not something you want to try fixing.. (yourself).

Do a search on google. "fixing monitors", gave a few possibly helpfull results, if you can be arsed to read through it all..

Look at http://elmswood.guernsey.net/
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 16-12-2004 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by ACiD303
    Was on the computer (err as you do!) and my screen just fuzzed up momentarily then it just cut out

Now, when I try and power it up, the power light flashes, and there's a "click" to everytime it flashes on (from within the monitor) - so it's probably not the power supply?

What do you think is the problem? i.e. is it worth my while getting it fixed?

Dont think I can go back to 17" now
    I've been having a smiliar problem with my Mitsubishi 19" Diamond Pro 930SB. If I turn the monitor off whilst leaving the compy on, sometimes I go to switch the monitor on again and the power button just flashes amber.

The only way I've found to sort it is to turn of the computer and monitor, turn the monitor on first and quickly turn the PC on as the monitor clicks on. See if that helps.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |SilentDeath|
    I gather that Parcels2go might deliver it for less than £30? Either way don't bin it, I'd love a second P1500 and would happily pick it up from you if no-one else wants it.

Rich :¬)

ERU
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |SilentDeath|
    I'll have it if i can get to you? Please.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave
    I gather that Parcels2go might deliver it for less than £30? Either way don't bin it, I'd love a second P1500 and would happily pick it up from you if no-one else wants it.

Maybe just waiting for my vx912 from scan atm. This has taken two months so far, including my 3 canceled orderes from lowest.
    Ordered from scan on the 9th, stock expected the 17th, still no stock so I doubt itll come before the 5th...

Im in crawley if you want to pick it up, or if you want to find out how much p2g cost? dunno how much it weights, but its made a huge dip in my desk, over the few months its been there.

Thanks
    I can get to Crawley easily enough, but I already have a P1500 so am happy to give Eru first dibs....

Thread Information