Thread: Problems with SN41G and video/dvds

Thanks

Problems with SN41G and video/dvds

Hello chaps
    I'd bought a SN41G2 a couple of months ago, and had been having trouble with the sound on the front headphone port becoming crackly in counterstrike after a bit of playing and cos my hard drive had also gotten a bit messy I decided I'd do a full reformatt and reinstall from scratch. Anyway did that today (haven't checked to see if the sound problem is resolved yet) but I know have the problem that when I play any video files in full screen I get random horizontal lines flashing up all over the picture. They're only a pixel or 2 wide and off random length about 1/2 the width of the screen to full screen. Now I've read somewhere that it can be due to incompatible ram being used, but I didn't have this problem before. When the video is being played in the window before being made full screen it's fine. I'm using the onboard graphics and the ram is twinmos 2700 overclocked to 166 fsb (tried it at default and it was still happening). Am I going to need to buy a graphics card or does anyone know of a fix? Cos to be honest, having had the amount of hassle I had today reinstalling I'd rather shell out for a gfx card than reformatt again, but having said that don't want to buy one and find the problem is still there

Also I downloaded and installed the latest chipset and video drivers from the shuttle site, both dated on the site as 17/7/03 but when I've updated the graphics it's still saying the drivers are from 1/10/02

Thanks
    With regards to the crackling sound I get this now and again when playing BF1942 (not cs), apparently its sound driver related..........

Apparently Crucial ram doesn’t work to well in the SN41G2, but I am running 2 sticks of 256 2700 with no problems.....

Sorry I have never used the on-board graphics I have a 9700 pro installed......

Thread Information