Thread: AMD 64 754 Heatsink & Coolers

Thanks

AMD 64 754 Heatsink & Coolers

Im looking for a better cooling solution for my AMD 64 3000 754 and was wondering what are the best out at the mo, I used to have a Areo 7 with full copper heatsink on my old 2500 and it was about 10 - 15 degrees cooler than the AMD one could keep it, so Im kinda hoping for the same thing again!!

So any ideas outthere, ive been looking at the...

Cooler Master Vortex Dream ACC-U72

and the...

Thermaltake Venus 12 CPU-Cooler Socket 754/940,

Anyone got any opinions??

RDL
    Thanks
    Try the Thermaltake Xp-120. It has a 120mm fan, and will cool things down nicely for you.

Thanks
    I've got the Thermaltake Volcano 12, which I think is just the same as the Venus, but for a different socket. Can't really comment on other heatsinks, but the Thermaltake has been nice and cool for me. It also has the adjustable fan speed, so that it isn't too noisy and still cools well.
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnathanC
    Im looking for a better cooling solution for my AMD 64 3000 754 and was wondering what are the best out at the mo, I used to have a Areo 7 with full copper heatsink on my old 2500 and it was about 10 - 15 degrees cooler than the AMD one could keep it, so Im kinda hoping for the same thing again!!

So any ideas outthere, ive been looking at the...

Cooler Master Vortex Dream ACC-U72

and the...

Thermaltake Venus 12 CPU-Cooler Socket 754/940,

Anyone got any opinions??
    The Thermaltake Venus 12 is a great performer and the best value in AMD64 coolers for sure. It will install easily and perform great, but it only has an 80mm fan. This fan moves almost 80CFM of air but is pretty loud when it does this. You can manually lower it to 2000 RPM where it will be silent, but it won't cool as well. It does a great job though. Pretty quiet at 3700-4000 RPM and cools very well.

The XP-120 is the best air solution money can buy performance wise, but it's 50-60% more expensive than the Venus (depending on the fan) and is not as easy to install. It's not too tough to install actually (compared to other Thermalright heatsinks) but there is an issue of real estate. It may not fit your motherboard and/or case combination.

Hardcore overclocker = XP-120
    Everybody else = Venus 12

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StormPC
    The XP-120 is the best air solution money can buy performance wise but there is an issue of real estate. It may not fit your motherboard and/or case combination.
    If this is the case then get the XP-90

Thread Information