Thread: Help me! (SN41G2 + ati graphics)

Thanks

Unhappy Help me! (SN41G2 + ati graphics)

Bought a Connect 3D ATI 9600 pro gfx card today and installed it in my Shuttle SN41G2. Now when it botted up for the first time (using generic drivers) it was all fine and I installed the drivers on the cd it came with, then it rebooted, and when it came back into windows it had weird blocky corrupt looking bits, first of all covering the right half of the screen, and then when I clicked somewhere on the screen it all went black except the start button and a couple of the system tray icons but I couldn't click on it and the computer hung. I've removed the card gona back in with onboard and deleted the ati drivers and tried again with 3.7 drivers, but it does the same thing again with the corruption in the same places and the black screen and hanging at the end.

Is this a dodgy graphics card or could it be something to do with the onboard graphics being present, since I couldn't see any option in the bios to disable it. Is there a way of disabling the onboard graphics? I'd uninstalled it from device manager but I guess when I reboot it's going to find it again.

EDIT: By turning Hardware acceleration off in the troubleshoot tab I can now use my computer, however there are still odd bits of 'corruption' showing and it's now saying my monitor is a Plug and Play monitor, whereas before installing the card it was correctly shown as an AOC 19" tft. Just getting a mate to host a picture of it now
    Last edited by GDad; 13-09-2003 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks
    Oh and when I installed the driver for the tft the computer rebooted itself

Pic there:
    http://www.6thelement.eclipse.co.uk/...corruption.JPG

Now I've turned off the hardware acceleration most of the corruption has gone, but you can still see it by the icons.

Thanks
    My old GF256 used to do that when I was clocking it, seeing as your using it in a shuttle tho I'd say it could b heat or possible power...

Thanks
    Well I tried it with some of the other items unplugged to check the power was ok and I don't think it would have been heat.

Anyway just tried the card in my brother's pc (not shuttle) and it does the exact same thing so it looks like it must be the card itself

Thanks
    • walibe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8P67B Pro
      • CPU:
      • iMac 2017
      • Memory:
      • 16 Gig Corsair Vegence
      • Storage:
      • 10 T.B Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvida GTX 755M
      • Operating System:
      • Mavericks / Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27"
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    You have a conflict between the graphics card and some other device. Try removing the driver (boot into safe mode, is the corruption still there?) and other drivers that could possibly conflict (usb drivers, sound card ect ect) and let windows give it another go at installing the drivers correctly.

If this doesn't work your gonna have to go through the IRQs yourself ect.

PJ
    Laptop - Macbook Pro Retina 13" (Early 2015) i5/8GB/256GB
    Desktop 1 - iMac 27" (late 2012) i7/32GB/1TB Fusion Drive
    Desktop 2 - i7 2600K/32GB/1TB/GTX 760
    Server - HP DL160 G6 2 x Hex Core Xenon x5650/64GB/8TB
    NAS - ASUSTOR 604T ATOM Dual Core/3GB/16TB

Thanks
    Hmm well surely since I've tried it in my bro's computer which is basically a completely different one, different mainboard, sound etc and it's doing the same thing it must be a problem with the card itself?

I'm intending on taking it back to the shop I bought it from tomorrow cos it's within driving distance and asking for an immediate replacement, I just hope they don't try to fob me off and tell me to return it to manufacturers since I only bought it saturday afternoon and couldn't return it today cos they're not open. Though now cos of that post I'm not so sure that I should takei t back if you think it's a conflict as opposed to a dodgy card :S

When I booted up with the card in the 1st time, before installing any ATI drivers, so just at low res and using the windows default ones it was fine, but then with 2 types of ati drivers it was doing the same thing and again in my brother's computer. Plus the fact that when I turned down hardware acceleration most of the corruption went makes me think it has to be the card can't cope?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Well sounds to me like some of the memory on the GFX card is borked. As soon as you push it hard or heat it up it falls over. Have you tried another GFX card in the shuttle?

I would return the first card anyway.

Pete

Thread Information