Thread: Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S v Corsair K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE?

Registered+
    Thanks

Question Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S v Corsair K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE?

Which Keyboard should I buy. I'm primarily a gamer - I prefer TKL keyboards.

I've been waiting a long time to buy a decent TKL keyboard, and now 2 are released at the same time.

Do i buy the:
    Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S
    OR
    Corsair K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE?

Kinda leaning towards the Cooleer Master, clean, simple, better quality, matches my setup a little better.
    https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/MrjcCJ
    Corsiar K65 looks like it is aimed at teenagers, the front, the styling, all the extra buttons etc...

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Re: Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S v Corsair K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE?

Quote Originally Posted by EvZ_2 View Post

Do i buy the:
    Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S
    OR
    Corsair K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE?

Kinda leaning towards the Cooleer Master, clean, simple, better quality, matches my setup a little better.

Corsiar K65 looks like it is aimed at teenagers, the front, the styling, all the extra buttons etc...
    What extra buttons? They have exactly the same number of keys, the only addition to the Corsair are a few very small media controls on the very top right, while the Cooler Master uses key combinations for the same thing. As for better quality.. both are using the same switches which is the key (hoho) bit, don't think there's any reason to judge quality between the brands as much different (and I would slightly prefer Corsair to be honest).

I have just bought the MasterKeys L and it doesn't immediately strike me as 'high quality' - some keys are quite bad actually in terms of uneven plastic or mould remains.

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • 1x8GB XMS3 1600Mhz CL11
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 943NW

Re: Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S v Corsair K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE?

While I can't offer feedback on the MasterKeys, I've got a K95 RGB which is the heavily bulked up version of the 65, has numpad and a bunch of macro keys, and I can say I've had a great time with it. Build quality feels very solid, and the keys (though its my first time using mechanical) are great. I'm by no means an expert on mechanical keyboards, but I've found very little wrong with my corsair. Regarding the K95 specifically, the macro key section looks like it has been just stuck on to a K70, and this is pretty apparent since it's not even the same material, but the main body which you would be getting with the 65 is great.

As for the extra keys, assuming as kalniel pointed out you mean the media controls, looks like you get volume up, volume down, mute, LED brightness toggle and the windows key lock. I'll be honest, I don't use these keys, if you download any of the really fancy profiles some of them rebind the windows button lock key to trigger sound effects or what not, but regardless I've never considered them to get in the way of anything. It looks like you get just vol up and down buttons as opposed to the roller on the 70/95, but that is probably still fine.

All that said however, it looks like they've used the same or atleast similar font as to the Strafe on the new rapidfire keyboards, and indeed the spacebar too. That part I will agree with you upon, I was never much a fan of the Strafe's font, and by the looks of it they brought over the textured space bar and WASD caps too, though the WASD is optional.

If you can deal with the same font as the Strafe, the rest of the build seems to be that of the main K65/70/95 series, which is honestly very nice.

Thread Information