Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Cooling T2

Registered+
    Thanks

Arctic Cooling T2

Arctic Cooling T2

Does anyone know of an English review of this case or have personal experience of using this case?

Thx.

Last edited by lll_James_lll; 16-01-2005 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks
    not the prettiest of cases reminds me of the cheap barebones things like those asus terminators or whatever there called , why not look at an antec lanboy or something much better case specs and build than that i would imagine and a nice looking little case

Thanks
    • Betty_Swallocks's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z97-A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690K o/c to 4.6 gHz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD + 1320Gb (3x SATA drives)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390 8Gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS750M
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Shark
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 37" Samsung TV @1920x1080 + Dell 20.1" TFT secondary screen
      • Internet:
      • 150Mb Virgin Media cable
    Funny how different people like different things. I was just thinking what a nice looking case it was. Not like the run of the mill Max Powered offerings you see so much.
    "Free speech includes not only the inoffensive but the irritating, the contentious, the eccentric, the heretical, the unwelcome and the provocative provided it does not tend to provoke violence. Freedom only to speak inoffensively is not worth having."

Thanks
    i agree it isnt as bad as some of those cases with monsterous names and looks and daft lights but he could certainly choose a classier case and i doubt that case has the features like some of the better manufacturers provide

mind you , each to their own !

Registered+
    Thanks
    I have found some German reviews of this case that have good pics, here’s just one!

Registered+
    Thanks
    hmm

Thanks
    hmmmm... according to the picture taken on arctic cooling's site here , dont you think that the hot air exhausted from the casing will be re-circulated in again?

Thanks
    I've read a review of another one of their cases that uses similar BTX style layout that claims to reduce heat, but it's all a bit of a gimmick from what i've seen. It looks alright, but does it actually cool as well as some of their other products do in their field?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Because of the fact that the cold air enters the case passively over a large surface area (the back of the case and the back underside) this air would be slow moving & low pressure and as it is cold it would be lower down. Whereas the hot air exhausted at the top will rises above the case until it cools. The PSU exhausts to the front where there are no intakes.

Thanks
    So is it actually a sound idea with poor implementation?
    The passive air intake at the bottom means u need to put it on a "stand" of sorts which means you can't lift up the case and plonk it down without putting it in its base :|

Registered+
    Thanks
    "The passive air intake at the bottom means u need to put it on a "stand" of sorts which means you can't lift up the case and plonk it down without putting it in its base :|" Well, yes that’s the idea of the black base; it’s for air intake at the back & outlet in the front . I think the reason I like this case is it has an innovative design, high quality PSU, and only costs £58.69. I was looking at the Silverstone TJ06 but this costs £88.99 with no PSU.

Thanks
    Yeah, it's nice to see something new.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lll_James_lll
    Because of the fact that the cold air enters the case passively over a large surface area (the back of the case and the back underside) this air would be slow moving & low pressure and as it is cold it would be lower down. Whereas the hot air exhausted at the top will rises above the case until it cools. The PSU exhausts to the front where there are no intakes.
    the back underside is more of what i was talking about
    you see, the fans blow the heat of the PSU downwards, so the air [as it hits the floor] will go in all directions, so if and when the casing sucks air through the bottom vents, hot air gets sucked back in....

Registered+
    Thanks
    Possibly but from what I have seen the case has PSU vents that are 50% bigger on the bottom-front then the bottom-side’s (near front) so I would think that 50% of the air from the PSU will go out the front and 25% left-front-side, 25% right-front-side, then there is space (it looks like half the length of the case) between the bottom-front-side outlet and the back-bottom-side inlet.

fingers crossed , lol.

Thanks
    This case does make me wonder a bit about cooling effiecincy. If you look at the picture that Silon posted the air from the PSU is pushed downwards, even though heat rises. Wouldent this cause a kind of extra resistance for the fans?

The heat coming out the back of the case looks well designed as cool air enters lower down and hot air rises and is pushed out at the top of the case.

As for heat re-entering the case I don't think this will be a problem as the heat coming out the PSU will be hotter than the air around the bottom of the case, so the hotter air will rise and the cooler air will be at the bottom and is sucked into the case.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy!!!
    This case does make me wonder a bit about cooling effiecincy. If you look at the picture that Silon posted the air from the PSU is pushed downwards, even though heat rises. Wouldent this cause a kind of extra resistance for the fans?
    Maybe, but I’d say that the heat in the PSU would not be much of a match for the power of the fans. ? .. I think I need to find a review of the case in English that has temperature tests. Or just buy it and make my own review.

Thread Information