Thread: Kiss Dp-500

Registered+
    Thanks

Kiss Dp-500

Hi

First I am not sure if this is the correct forum --- but the KISS DP500 has a ethernet port so that classifies as Computer hardware to me

Does anyone have a KISS DP-500 - http://www.kiss-technology.com/index.asp?sprogvalg=1 I quite like the what I have seen of it but would love to hear from actual users.

What is the video output quality like for normal DVDs as well as DIVX files?

Does the networking work fine? I had heard some stuff about it being able to only connect to the official KISS website to access other sites - well at least for Radio sites.

Does it look decent enough to stick in your main living room - just like say a normal consumer electronic item from the major manufacturers like Sony, Toshiba.

Is there a multi-regions hack available.

Anything else that I should look out for?

cheers

Thanks
    My g/f bought the Kiss Dp-450 about a week ago, she managed to upgrade the firmware to the latest version and she was playing a load of my DivX's on it, there does seem to be an issue with DivX 3.11 whereby everyone has a lisp or so she says.

I havn't tried the networking out seeing as i havn't had it over here yet but I can't see that there would be anything wrong with it, it does look pretty decent and it would fit in your living room amongst other A/V kit fine.

Not sure about a multiregion hack but seeing has how open it is (can go on the internet, upgradable firmware etc) I expect a multiregion hack is out there or will be out there soon.

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb

Re: Kiss Dp-500

Originally posted by cloudchaser
    Hi

First I am not sure if this is the correct forum --- but the KISS DP500 has a ethernet port so that classifies as Computer hardware to me

Does anyone have a KISS DP-500 - http://www.kiss-technology.com/index.asp?sprogvalg=1 I quite like the what I have seen of it but would love to hear from actual users.

What is the video output quality like for normal DVDs as well as DIVX files?

Does the networking work fine? I had heard some stuff about it being able to only connect to the official KISS website to access other sites - well at least for Radio sites.

Does it look decent enough to stick in your main living room - just like say a normal consumer electronic item from the major manufacturers like Sony, Toshiba.

Is there a multi-regions hack available.

Anything else that I should look out for?

cheers
    They dont look mainstream mate. Not all like sony- an aquired taste. Remember tho kiss are a high end scandanavian hifi specailist. I like it

Thanks
    Linkage to similar topic on OCUK forums. I'm still debating whether to buy or not - but it looks like it may be next month or the month after.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...hreadid=100842
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...threadid=99349

Thread Information