Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mouse

Thanks

New Mouse

I'm looking for a new mouse, but, of course, I'm picky

I'm looking for: a moderate size mouse, not cordless, without a load of extra buttons (just the two clickers and a wheel). The best I could find so far was a Logitech Click!

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=120107&cks=PRL

Has anybody used that mouse before, or have any other recommendations?

Thanks

Mike
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    Even though it's got extra buttons, i recommend the mx510 - it's damn comfy, and the extra buttons do come in useful. You don't have to use them though, and they don't get in the way so it's difficult to accidently push them.

Thanks
    If you want corded performance then dont be afraid to look at the older Intellimice from MS, back when they were actually beating logitech for a while

The V3 was golden, and the Intellimouse optical is also good. Even the basic optical was good. Like this one on ebuyer:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=45463

Thanks
    Forget new MS mice. Poor build, poor signal distance, poor signal interferance from mobile phones/vacum cleaners/TV's etc and week optical signal. If you have the cash, the logitech MX1000 is the daddy.

Thanks
    I was looking for a simular think a few months ago, and i ended up with the Logitech MX510 - like skuzgib, although it does have the extra buttons, which i hardly ever use at all, i dont think ive ever pressed any of the by mistake, and at one point i got really quite good at using the thumb buttons for skip backward/forward though web pages, which was good acctually. And confort wise, its increadable, a few years ago we got the logitach cordless MX desktop thingy for the other pc (which has the cordless model of the mouse) and every time i use it, and then used my old one, it felt awfull, whearas going the other way it felt great!!!

daniel

Thanks
    Concur with skuzgib & oshta, replaced my MS intelli explorer with Logitech MX510, it's the bees knees! puts my old MS to shame.
    AMD 3200XP, A7N8X-E Deluxe, X800XT PE, 1024m DDR400, 2xWD 74gb Raptors(Raid 0), USB2 IcyBox Maxtor 80g, Audigy + 5.1 creative, ThermalTake Tsunami Dream, Antec Neopower 480w, Icemat v.1, iiyama 22" VM pro 513, Saitek X52

drp
    Thanks
    How does the MX1000 compare in games in terms of responsiveness next to a corded mouse dangerous_dom?

Design...Refine...Perfect

Thanks
    Supposely it is as fast as a usb mouse, but the Razor Diamondback Mouse is a true gaming mouse, and it does have a couple of extra buttons. But i think we are missing the point here, it changes colour with heat! Great if you can see through your hand.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drp
    How does the MX1000 compare in games in terms of responsiveness next to a corded mouse dangerous_dom?
    Well it's as reponsive as I could ever wish for, Maybe not as technically responsive as a Razor mouse on paper, but can anyone really tell the difference? Maybe, but I can't. The only time you really need uber accuracy is photo editing imo. But I use mine for this a little and think it's spot on. There is also no lag and it response delay that I can see, as far as i am concerned the cursor moves virtually instantly with my hand movement.

The other thing, as it's a Laser and not optical - the laser is quite powerful. I can lift it up to about 4 mm off the surface and it still works, so no worries about lifting the mouse off the pad slightly, as i often do in a frantic game.

Get one, you won't be disapointed.

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable
    I got a logitech cordless desktop early last year, its great within windows, nice tidy setup, I can type and click away till my hearts contempt... but as soon as I load up UT2004, that just goes straight out the window, the mouse shows ovious signs of latency, gets 'stuck' for split seconds (considering its optical? :S) and a split second makes all the difference between you turning someone into meaty chunks or the other way around!..
    I've read reviews on the MX510, and it gets praised all over, go for it..

Oh, another thing, is it just me or is the quality of keyboards just PURE crap these days? I mean come on, its probibly the most important part of a computer, you couldn't even use your computer without it.. so why do we have to put up with plastic dioreaha with springs that pop out if you press them to soft or too hard?.. and whats with the PS/2 thing? that damn connector has been dead a long time ago, all motherboards and operating systems support HID usb keyboards.
    I think 1, there is a poor range of keyboards on the market, 2, the quality of practically all these keyboards is bollocks, 3, while we have seen some of these 'gamers' keyboards, and 'laptop' style keyboards, both are a typists nightmare.
    When are we going to see some REAL keyboards people?.. good hardened keyboards of the medieval ages.</griping>

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aidanjt
    I got a logitech cordless desktop early last year, its great within windows, nice tidy setup, I can type and click away till my hearts contempt... but as soon as I load up UT2004, that just goes straight out the window, the mouse shows ovious signs of latency, gets 'stuck' for split seconds (considering its optical? :S) and a split second makes all the difference between you turning someone into meaty chunks or the other way around!..
    That was probably your USB port. USB ports are prone to this because USB ports are processor dependant - they slow down when the PC does and sometimes the curosr jump about/lags etc. When I tried to run UT2003 I got pings of 1000+ due to my ADSL USB modem. It seemed that UT2003 what the only game i had a problem with, but then it was the most demanding on my PC.

Thanks
    Yeah, it often not the mouse but the USB port.

- I had my MX510 pluged into the usb prot at first, and like you say, durring UTournament its was very laggy, but after a few days i noticed the it also lagged just in windows when i did some MP3 ripping, so i tryed it with the PS2 addapter (into the std mouse port) and it was fine!

- I use it quite happyly when plaing UT at highspeeds, its certaily as fast is me!!

Thanks
    This is a bargain if you ask me.. http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=83023

Not in stock though.. but the retail box is only a quid or two more.. So i bought it instead.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=54124

The mx500 costs almost double.. just for the crappy right-hand only shape.. but if your right handed, you might prefer it..
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=43105

The mx510 is a bit more expensive still... just for a differnt shaped plastic..
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 05-02-2005 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks
    Based on what everybody has said, I'm leaning towards the MX310 - how is the MX500/MX510 better, or is just a few extra buttons and a different shape?
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_w
    Just a few extra buttons and a different shape?
    How dare you!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous_dom
    Forget new MS mice. Poor build, poor signal distance, poor signal interferance from mobile phones/vacum cleaners/TV's etc and week optical signal. If you have the cash, the logitech MX1000 is the daddy.
    What are you talking about?

Not only is this thread about wired mice alone, but MS had some solid, well built mice before this last generation. Did you just buy your first mouse or something? How did you miss out on the history of optical mice

Thread Information