Registered+
    Thanks

overclocking 3100 sempron with ABIT Kv8 pro 1.1

Spec 3100 semp ABIT KV8 PRO V1.1 BIOS 17
    GALAXY 6800GT
    2*512 MUSHKIN DUALL CHANNELL
    IVE GOT THIS RUNNING AT 250FSB AT 2.2.25 T1
    withe the ram at 333 so its running just over 209
    ive got no more headroom even if i move to T2 settings is it possible my board doesnt like any higher fsb
    please you views are greatly appreciated
    2001se 22151 aquamark 64,457

Thanks
    I take it that is 9x250?
    Have you dropped the LDT multi as I asked in your other thread? At 250Htt I'm guessing that you have but to 3x or 4x?

I suspect that it is more RAM than board as if it is the RAM I linked to in your other thread you are running it tighter than spec. & 260-270HTT seems eminently possible on the KV8 Pro even with 2x 512Mb. Try slackening your timings.

Also what PSU?
    You also might want to post here.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFF
    I take it that is 9x250?
    Have you dropped the LDT multi as I asked in your other thread? At 250Htt I'm guessing that you have but to 3x or 4x?

I suspect that it is more RAM than board as if it is the RAM I linked to in your other thread you are running it tighter than spec. & 260-270HTT seems eminently possible on the KV8 Pro even with 2x 512Mb. Try slackening your timings.

Also what PSU?
    You also might want to post here.
    LDT multi
    At 250Htt I'm guessing that you have but to 3x or 4x?
    Hi please have patients with me im not sure whatt you mean by these could you expailn ive not changed the cpu multiplier it is at the normal 9x
    I have a hiper 480w psu my ram is rated at 2.2.2.5/6 its the level 2 Mushkin
    there was a review on Hexus not long ago hope you dont mind me pestering you
    im a noob at all this although i was pleased i got my thermaltake aquaruis setup by myself thanks for the reply look forward to your reply

Thanks
    Np.
    1st go & read http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=overclocka64 & http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...hlight=kv8+pro

if that Mushkin uses Samsung TCCD chips the KV8 Pro doesn't seem too partial to TCCD. There is a modded BIOS (by Blander) that has helped for some.

& it is worth visiting the Abit-USA forums

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hi thanks i will try the Hd thing ive found it in the bios have you got a link for the
    bios by Blander i will let you know how i get on.

Registered+
    Thanks
    HI ive lowered the HD it hasnt made any difference do know of any 3200 ram that will O/C well on this board i know that sounds drastic i could even get another board
    i hear the DFI lanparty tho one that is all yellow is the dogs gnads the chips on this ram is samsung TCCD just my look thanks

Thanks
    You need to go about this a bit more scientifically. First make sure that the board is happy running a high HTT speed by setting the HT multiplier to 3x or 2x, the cpu multi to 6 or 7 and the RAM to 133. Then wind the HTT up to 300MHz and make sure it's stable. If you can't get it higher than 250 you'll need a new board to OC any further.

Then you can start to test the limits of the CPU. Leave the RAM at 133, set the CPU to the 9x250 you're at now and then increase the HTT until you find the limit. It's possible that 9x250 is the limit of what the chip will do at stock voltage (you don't say that you've raised it). Keep an eye on temps and make sure they don't go over about 55C, if they're below that try increasing the VCore and see if it helps you get the CPU higher.

Finally, once you know the CPU's limits, you can push the RAM to it's limits. For a start you're almost certainly better off with tRAS set to 10 instead of 5, it's just faster in general on AMD systems for some reason. Then set the RAM to a base speed of 200 and see how far you can increase the HTT. Once it's unstable, you at the limit of the RAM. Then all you need to do is find a setting that keeps the CPU, board, and RAM close to their limits and you're done.

Rich :¬)

Registered+
    Thanks
    Thanks for the post can you explaian this bit youve posted a bit more.
    Then wind the HTT up to 300MHz and make sure it's stable. If you can't get it higher than 250 you'll need a new board to OC any further.
    You say wind the hiper threading up this is set at 5x at the moment ive tried lowering the FSBof the ram to 266 so i can go further with the cpu it gets to about 260 this is without changing the ht from 5 do you know weather this Mushkin ram ive got is ok with this board the other guy BUFF seems to think it doesnt like the KV8 PRO board i will try what youve said and let you know how it goes i may look at a dfi lanparty board thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb57
    Thanks for the post can you explaian this bit youve posted a bit more.
    Then wind the HTT up to 300MHz and make sure it's stable. If you can't get it higher than 250 you'll need a new board to OC any further.
    You say wind the hiper threading up this is set at 5x at the moment ive tried lowering the FSBof the ram to 266 so i can go further with the cpu it gets to about 260 this is without changing the ht from 5 do you know weather this Mushkin ram ive got is ok with this board the other guy BUFF seems to think it doesnt like the KV8 PRO board i will try what youve said and let you know how it goes i may look at a dfi lanparty board thanks
    No No No. The HTT is the basic frequency of the board around which all the other frequencies (I.E. the HT (HyperTransport), CPU clock, RAM etc.) are based. HyperThreading (HT) is nothing to do with A64s. What you mean is the HyperTransport (confusingly, also HT) speed. Set this to 3x the HTT before you do anything else. It won't cost you any performance. Now, go back and follow my advice in the last post.

Thanks
    Frankly I'm amazed that you got the board to do 250x5 (1250 HyperTransport) with any stability as the chipset is only rated for 1000 & most socket 754s only run 800.
    OCZ 3700EB performs very well on the KV8 Pro but you will struggle to find it as it has been out of production for some time.

The DFI runs fine with TCCD but it is a serious overclockers board & not for someone with little or no knowledge. Until you do some tweaking on it the KV8 Pro will outperform it.
    I have seen a no. of people saying that the ABIT NF8 performs better than the DFI but I have no personal knowledge of using it.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hi ive now managed
    T2 3.3.3.10
    LDT X2
    263MHZx9
    400FSB
    My sempron at 2367 stable at 50c

2001se 22758

Aquamark 65,833

Also ive had

t2 2.2.2.10 333 fsb

268mhzx9 400 fsb
    CPU AT 2413Mhz
    LDT X2
    2001se 22809
    Aquamark 65,626
    THANKS FOE YOUR TIME I USED A THERMALTAKE AQUARIUS 111 FOR THE CPU STABLE AT 50C

Thanks
    Whoops- I meant LDT. Anyway nice OC mate! You could try setting the Command Rate to 1T rather than 2T, should gain you a bit more performance if you can get it stable.

Thread Information