Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dabs.com.... new look

Thanks
    Originally posted by drunkenmaster
    Product info on dabs is bad, WTF!!!???

I mean, they are by far the largest stocker in the UK, check out how many things they sell and how MOST , lik 98% or so, always have accurate product info, Ebuyer in particular have a LOT of things with no pictures or product info. They are blinking useless.
    Hate to agree, but in the past if I've wanted a certain type of mobo asap after lauch that wasnt abit/epox/asus, then I've found I've had to go Dabs instead of OCS/OCUK etc.

Their site also gave you a rough estimate a week or two in advance of when they would get stock - so you knew if they actually intended to stock that specific board.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Never had a problem with either Dabs or EBuyer at all

drunkenmaster: would you please tone down your posts, as most of the time they come across as somewhat insulting or agressive.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    finallllly, dabs is very hard to find things on and navigate around. Just hope its not just the "looks" that is improved

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy
    I haven't had a problem with them. Ordered a PSU from them at 23:00 it came the next day! Now thats service!

They need to lower prices a bit though to keep up (or down) with the likes of cpucity, eBuyer etc.

Thanks
    I haven't had a problem with them. Ordered a PSU from them at 23:00 it came the next day! Now thats service!
    dabs customer services is rubbish to say the least and you'll know it as soon as you try to get in touch with them.

Site is ok to navigate but their ordering system is error prone; a while ago I deleted an item pending stock and the whole order stuck there for a month.

I use microdirect.co.uk now, they are cheaper and easier to deal with but delivery cost is high though

Thanks
    In fact, overall i find dabs to be cheapest shop online, always always check dabsvalue stuff. then check codes for the product, for instance a NEC1300A was listed as dabs value and was £95 about a month ago, when they were tstill £110-130 everywhere else.

Like wise, most of their gfx cards are either sapphire, msi, those kinds of brands, but quite a bit cheaper.

Also, dabs i assume, make very small sales on the latest mobo's and ram and so on, they i think, sell to mainly companies, and so a lot of stuff like mobo's can be more expensive. Though on the whole not really, the abit ic7 max 3 also had stock in 2-3rd in the uk. At £173, so about normal. its a shame they don't stock Epox anymore.

The service for dabs i've found nothing short of great, i hear of people getting stuck on hold for ages. But i've phoned upwards of 30 times, and each time i've got through within 2-3 minutes, and got my answer. no problems with RMA's, and AFAIK the only place that will arrange collection for any RMA goods, which saves a lot of trouble, In my experience, with sending copies of postage reciepts and trying to get costs back.

Every single site i've come across has had an error with ordering at some point, it sounds like you should have checked more often, and phoned if you couldn't get order fixed. Had to do that with a few shops, and its something that jsut happens.

Banned
    Thanks
    Yep I have to say my experiences along with others I know personally have had nothing but good experiences of Dabs. Very quick and cheap delivery even on 'std'. Goods are practically always well described with information present and a link to the manu's site. Once you're used to the site it's fast to use and find what you want, they stock a very wide range fo goods too. Prices aren't always quite as cheap but in my experience (and others I've communicated with) it's well worth paying that little bit more for good service and accurate product info/links ... often their prices are very competative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information