Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little help O/C'ing 3500+ plz...?

Thanks

A little help O/C'ing 3500+ plz...?

I'm currently running the following:

240HTT
    2.5-3-3-8 1T
    LDT x4 and MULTI x10
    RAM = 2.8v
    CPU = 1.475v

Giving me 2400MHz stable. Well, stable enough to be typing this right now, and to run AM3, 3Dm05, and SuperPi a few times each.

I bumped the HTT to 245 with the same timings, and everything was solid, except for AquaMark, which hung the one and only time I tried it, so I dropped back to 240 for now.

I am running the 25/1 official release BIOS.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to what to do next? I think my RAM timing is already pretty loose, no? The only things I haven't pushed too far are CPU voltages, cos I don't really know what is safe - plus this DFI seems to undervolt quite badly.

Sorry if this is babbled - I've had 12 hours sleep in the last 3 days.. Must stop enjoying new system

Any help appreciated,
    S.

Thanks
    you can safely put your cpu to 1.6v very easily mate , if i were u raise it 1 notch in the bios maybe 2 and that should see you for another few mhz

u have the same ram as me which can take a fair bit of voltage mine runs at 3.1 all day when needed and generally runs at 3

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by weebroonieuk
    ...you can safely put your cpu to 1.6v very easily mate...
    As I said, the voltages I choose in the BIOS, end up different to the one that show as active in BIOS - ie: I select 1.475v CPU and it gets 1.44v in CPU-Z.

I'm presuming I should be aiming to get the figure I reqiure, actually showing in CPU-Z, rather than what I have to select in BIOS to get it?

And I'll juice the RAM to 2.9v for now, seeing as that's the warranty limit..

Many thanks,
    S.

Thanks
    You're already getting 480MHz out of 400MHz memory. Anything more and you'll probably need to do some vmods. Also, some CPUs don't like volts and some do.

Play with the settings (one at a time) to see what the maximums are for your combination of components and then try to max them all out. You won't be able to but you want to try to get as close to the max as you can.

For example, find out the max voltage your CPU and DDR likes. If you don't have a VM just trust CPU-Z for CPU volts. Don't pay attention to the BIOS for temps or volts. Also, when determining your max CPU clock lower your memory speeds. When determining your memory speed limits lower your CPU multi, etc. You want to try to make sure your limits are truly the limits and that you are not being held back by something else.

Keep these general things in mind also. High memory speeds beat tight timings. High CPU clocks have a huge impact on A64 performance as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StormPC
    ...You're already getting 480MHz out of 400MHz memory. Anything more and you'll probably need to do some vmods...
    This DFI board is supposed to be capable of 4v on RAM, which is silly but still as WeeBroonie says, I think I could juice it to 3v if it needed it.

I'm beginning to see that perhaps I should have spent the extra £60 and gone for something like OCZ EL DDR PC-4400 / 550 MHz / Gold Edition / Dual Channel / Limited Edition, which does 550MHZ at CL 2.5-4-4-8 @ 3v.

I didn't really know any better when I bought the Plats that I have, but I guess they are still a good choice for such a high multi CPU, as I figure the Winnie on air, even with the XP120, is going to be the true hinderance here...

S.

Thanks
    My ocz rev2 plat does DDR 600 @ 2.5 4-4-11 with 2.9V (you could use 3.2V no problem at all with a little cooling, you wont fry it)
    300*8 would give you the same overclock but let your RAM run 1:1.
    If you want a higher overclcok try 270 * 9 and increse slowly. This would give a good balance between cpu and memory speed.

For OC your CPU id use 1.45 + 113% in bios and keep increasing voltage slowly (Just using the voltage setting not percentage).
    Add 0.1 volts to your chipset and LDT and up your RAM to 2.9V.
    Set a divider on the memory so that it isn't limiting your overclock(once youve got it stable then you can concentrate on the memory overclocking).
    Set LDT multiplier to x3
    Set pci express to 101 (heard a rumour it helps, can't do any harm)

heres my A64 tweaker settings, just copy them to the bios.

i think i decreased skew by 128 too.

BTW they need a lot of tweaking, im still testing the memory, these are my rock solid stable settings not performance.
    Last edited by pudds; 04-03-2005 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pudds
    ...BTW they need a lot of tweaking, im still testing the memory, these are my rock solid stable settings not performance...
    Pudds, you are a legend - hopefully most of detail will help me out, and translate quite well to the 3500+ ... I'm at <cough> work </cough> at the moment, but as soon as I get home, I'll start ragging the baby again..

Will let you know how I get on..

S.

Thanks
    as mentioned before mate your safe to up ypur cpu voltage if need be dont worry about the bios and windows values not matching , they never do !

as for your ram search some benchmarks for it , its currently one of the best overclockers u can buy which was a surprise for me as it was a bit of an impulse buy but it will easily be capable of more than your cpu i presume happy playing

Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Got it to 2520MHz (280x9) with 2.5-5-5-7-1T stable, with 1.5v CPU and 2.9v RAM.
    Used these settings to generate the benches now in my sig.. There's still more in it yet I'm sure, but I'm gonna read up a bit more before I push any further..

Thanks for your help so far, it is much appreciated,
    S.

Thanks
    At 280 you should be able to do 2.5-4-4-7 1T no problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pudds
    ...At 280 you should be able to do 2.5-4-4-7 1T no problem...
    Nope, it booted to Windows of course, but wouldn't even SuperPi without an error - I have to drop to 2.5-5-5-7 for that speed. You mentioned you were running the 17/2 BIOS - do you think this would help me, or is my sample of RAM just not as capable?

S.

Thanks
    id try the 17/02 bios

Registered+
    Thanks
    Most 3500+ cpus should be able to do 2500mhz at stock vcore if they're winchesters.

This guide to AMD64 oc'ing I wrote might help http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=327

Thanks

Thanks
    Last edited by pudds; 06-03-2005 at 05:50 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    i must be lucky then 3500+ CBBFD 0441 TPAW on A8N-SLI Deluxe

for original poster try 217 and 218 bios for DFI NF4 and lower LDT to 3x
    Last edited by eva2000; 06-03-2005 at 06:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information