Thread: best place to but computer hardware

Registered+
    Thanks

best place to but computer hardware

where is the best place to buy graphics cards. need to have good customer service and returns policy if anything goes wrong

Thanks
    ebuyer.co.uk

Thanks
    i know there evil, and pathetic... but ive found myself buying most stuff from ocuk... more places i recomemnd are kustompcs.co.uk, over-clock.co.uk, overclock.co.uk, tocs (now gone ), and blankdiscshop.co.uk for cd/dvd drivers/media stuff. look in bargin hunt theres a very long list of shops to buy stuff

Thanks
    komplett.co.uk generally have the best prices but they shaft you on delivery.

Registered+
    Thanks
    This thread has a comprehensive list of UK hardware suppliers, I find it very useful.
    "Keyboard missing - press F3 to continue" Message seen on an Apricot PC.
    "To start press any key. Where's the any key?" Homer Simpson.
    Hexus Trust

Thanks
    overclock.co.uk have the best support, bar none, and nicest guys, and are a very friendly company. phone them up and you'll see, will help anyway they can. So far, had 9700 pro turned over in like 3 days, gigabyte in 2 days. All sweet Some things are good value, other things not so good, still a little small(very very very reliable, never, ever heard a bad story yet, anywhere), so some things a little more, but service is worth it.

Other than that, dab's are very good for me, OCUK i only hear bad things about rma'ing too, but no proof of that personally. been helpful on phone.

komplett haven't had best prices for some time now, used to be the only place to get hdd's and CPU's, now generally more than most places, with sata 160gig hard drives still at £170 even though they are as cheap as £125 most places. They've really gone done the tubes lately. Maybe they are getting stung for more tax than they used to, not sure.

Simply are ok, never had to rma anything, cheapest antec sonata cases in uk, best case in the world

Those are the shops i mainly use, oh, microdirect have an excellent service policy, they did mess up an rma on a psu once, but they ran outta stock, and kinda forgot to ask if i wanted something else, ended up waiting a while. Other rma's have been excellent.

Scan, one rma, went well, helpful, okay prices.

Thanks
    Personally my two favourites are www.scan.co.uk and www.ebuyer.com
    I use scan for most of my larger orders, like my last upgrade, as they charge alot for delivery, but have some good offers on their today only page, which, if you wait, will always be offering what you want. Ebuyer is good for smaller orders, and stuff like CD's.
    When I bought the stuff more my last upgrade from scan i had some probs with the RAM not working great with my mobo (Nforce 2 - Ram prob), so i RMA'd em, no problems, they gave me over 2 weeks to return them, which left me with plenty of time to find some replacement sticks, and ebuyer have the plus of making lots of pricing mistakes which if you spot you get free postage
    Desktop: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1024Mb PC-3200 TwinMOS w/Winbond, MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, Radeon 9800SE AIW, 40 GB 7,200 Rpm Hitachi Deskstar, 120GB 7,200 Rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor Diamond 9, 160GB 7200 Rpm 8mb Cache Seagate 7200.7 SATA, Plextor 708A 8x DVD-RW, 550W PFC Q-tec PSU, Casetek 1019SM Silver Case, Camdridge Soundworks DTT2200 Speakers

Laptop: Clevo D470W - 17" Widescreen TFT, Intel Pentium4 3.06Ghz 533FSB, 1024Mb PC-2700 Hynix, Radeon Mobility 9000 64Mb, Fujitsu 80Gb 4,200rpm, 250Gb 7,2000rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor OneTouch, Toshiba SD-R6372 DVD-RW +/- x4, Built-in Four speakers, webcam and microphone

Thanks
    I think Tekheads are pretty good, I was reccomended them by my old Admin, and Ive never had any problems ordering from them. Other than that I use ebuyer and komplett

Thread Information