Thread: Gaming Laptop Help

Thanks

Gaming Laptop Help

I've exhausted all the major labels, such as falcon northwest and voodoopc. While I would love a custom painted laptop, I don't think I can manage the import tax into the UK and I can't find any custom painted laptops actually in the UK.

So, my only other option is to find a normal laptop and maybe paint it myself. I'm looking for a gaming rig, my budget only being a grand, uk pounds, that's roughly 2 grand usd. I've been looking at the pci-e models, and some lappys with 9700/9800 in them but haven't been getting very far. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on lappys I can have a look at?

Obviously the size, style , batt life, etc play big parts, but if it can play all the latest games, it's not all I want it for, but if it plays all the latest games then it can do everything else, so that's my benchmark I guess.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Contact; 10-01-2005 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks
    http://www.laptopsetc.co.uk/product....Fid=42&sku=453 ? ASUS M6BNE, Pentium-M, Radeon 9700 mobility. Best one for a grand over here I reckon (ok 1150, but I think there are ones for 1000, just slower processors...).

Have a look at http://notebookforums.com/ people do like this lappy in particular...depends what you want I guess, its relatively light, good battery, nice screen...
    Well Hello!

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks
    I always go for Sony Vaio. Not the cheapest by far but imho the best out there. I think you'd be lucky to find one that plays all the latest games. If you do then you are going o be parting with a fair wedge of cash. My Sony has a 128 Mb graphics card which allows me to play most games. But the latest crop is making it suffer badly.
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

Thanks

I know I can help.

I have started up a company that does custom paint jobs if you are intersted I am doing a brochure at the moment so am open to doing specials at the mo…in return for using photos. If you would like to see some photos then reply to this post

roytech

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roytech
    I have started up a company that does custom paint jobs if you are intersted I am doing a brochure at the moment so am open to doing specials at the mo…in return for using photos. If you would like to see some photos then reply to this post

roytech

Yeah I'd like to see some photos.

Thread Information