Thread: HDR Woes. Dell Precision 7520 & Quadro M2200 - 10 bit 60hz?

Thanks

HDR Woes. Dell Precision 7520 & Quadro M2200 - 10 bit 60hz?

Hey guys. Thought i'd drop a message on here to see what you might think about this, as i think I've exhausted all of my limited knowledge on the matter! Any input extremely appreciated.

I've got a dell 7520 which allegedly has display port 1.4 and hdmi 1.4 (odd but OK).

Issue i'm battling with is that I cant get 10-bit HDR at all over mini display port, which I had thought would be possible.

The weird thing is that using the hdmi 1.4 port, it will now recognise HDR in windows and allow 10-bit colour, 4k up to 30hz. (I didnt think HDMI 1.4 carried HDR at all, but maybe it is just about managing to shovel it through it's bandwidth, or the port has been updated somehow).

I was hoping to get 10-bit 4k at 60hz, but nvidia control panel is having a beast and is jammed at 4k 60hz 8-bit no matter what.

Notes:

- I've put it into discrete graphics mode, thus running the quadro by itself.

- Latest Bios

- TV is a Samsung KS7500 (KS8500 US), and has a 10-bit panel.

- Brand new high speed verified Xbox one x HDMI cable.

- Mini display port 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b adapter. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Displa.../dp/B01B702YTG . Might be this SOAB, but technically should work.

Hopefully one of you knowledgeable chaps might be able to point me in the right direction, or just plain shut it down as impossible for some reason

Cheers!

Thanks

Re: HDR Woes. Dell Precision 7520 & Quadro M2200 - 10 bit 60hz?

Not sure if this helps but here it states that with HDMI 1.4 at 3840x2160 you will get 30hz 24bpp

http://www3.pny.com/File%20Library/S...on-Support.pdf

I know its PNY but will cover all Quadro's I would imagine
    Jon

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Yes, seems like a bandwidth issue.

The original PS4 w/ a 1.4 HDMI port can do HDR @ 1080p60 only, for example.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

thanks guys. i have learnt more.

Registered+
    Thanks

not sure if you using windows here but that has majour HDR issues / not supported correctly etc.

Thanks

HDMI
    All TVs and most computer monitors have HDMI. It's easy to use, the cables are cheap, and best of all, it carries audio. If you're plugging your computer into a TV, your first choice should be HDMI. It will save you lots of hassle.

HDMI has limitations, though, and isn't always the perfect choice. For example, your laptop has an HDMI 1.4 connection, which max out at 3,820x2,160-pixel resolution at 30 frames per second. If you've gotten a new 4K monitor, you're limited to 30fps because of this. Your Samsung KS7500 does have HDMI 2.0 and is capable of 4K over HDMI at 60fps, however you would need an HDMI 2.0 port on your laptop and a HDMI 2.0 certified cable to output 4K over HDMI at 60fps 10 bit HDR which you do not have.
    So in most cases HDMI is fine, but for really high resolutions and frame rates, one of these other options might be better.

DisplayPort (Note Mini Display Port is the same video signals as Display Port)
    DisplayPort is a computer connection format. There is only one television with DisplayPort and the Samsung KS7500 is not that TV it has 4 HDMI ports all HDMI 2.0. and don't expect it to see much further adoption on the TV side. It's capable of 3,840x2,160-pixel resolution at 60fps, if you have at least DisplayPort 1.2 and the Multi-Stream Transport feature. If you're looking to connect a computer to a monitor, there's no reason not to use DisplayPort. The cables are roughly the same price as HDMI. However if you are using a Mini Display Port to HDMI port cable to connect to your Samsung TV then you cannot output greater than HDMI 1.4 it does not let you upgrade to HDMI 2.0 using this type of work round.
    I hope this explains it clearer for you.
    Note DisplayPort can also carry audio.

Thread Information