Thread: Albatron

Thanks

Albatron

I noticed and actually found this site because I have been trying in vain to discover a website in English for Albatron. You have done some article/reviews of these guys and I have something that so far I have not seen addressed on any forum. Number one - all their websites appear to be non-english supported or even translatable. I purchaused a KX400-8x motherboard which failed in less then 6 months time. Supposedly it came with a 3 year warranty. No where in the owners manual does it list any way of contacting them for support - no email site, no phone number, no website listing. While their products maybe pricey and competitive I will never buy another product from them based upon the poor support and failure to adequately address this in the owners manual. This should be a consideration when deciding upon the purchause of any hardware as products do fail and it is neccessary for the companys to make support easily acessiable to the end user. Just my two cents

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable

Thanks
    Ditto Nicho..... www.google.com and enter "Albatron" into the search box and its the first result....

Methinks someone hasnt tried hard enough

Fun Not Frags - www.gsvgaming.net

Thanks
    Have to agree, although the details are there its not very clear. Got a faulty Ti4200 GFX card, bought from OCS now i cant get a responce from Albatron.

Thanks

Yes eventually I did find a site for Albatron in US

Your right, I did eventually after searching for about 30 min. come up with an english website for Albatron. But as an owner of a small bussiness do I really want to spend time searching for something that should be in the owners manual? The fact that their warranty info is not easily available doesn't impress me. I purchaused this motherboard at Fry's for a game server. Not only am I not impressed that it crashed in less then 3 months time but was less then thrilled with the lack of any support info in the owners manual. As a bussiness owner of Servers and gaming hardware I need easy acess to support when issues come up and for me this is a big limitation a major reason of why I prefer Asus, I-Will, Gigabyte or some other well known brand which has a good history of support. After all what good is a 3 year warranty if you can't get the company to honor it?

Thanks

Re: Yes eventually I did find a site for Albatron in US

Originally posted by thyri
    Your right, I did eventually after searching for about 30 min.
    30 MINS ???!!?!
    You aren't one of those people who spend hours looking for the 'Any' key are you ? lol
    Desktop: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1024Mb PC-3200 TwinMOS w/Winbond, MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, Radeon 9800SE AIW, 40 GB 7,200 Rpm Hitachi Deskstar, 120GB 7,200 Rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor Diamond 9, 160GB 7200 Rpm 8mb Cache Seagate 7200.7 SATA, Plextor 708A 8x DVD-RW, 550W PFC Q-tec PSU, Casetek 1019SM Silver Case, Camdridge Soundworks DTT2200 Speakers

Laptop: Clevo D470W - 17" Widescreen TFT, Intel Pentium4 3.06Ghz 533FSB, 1024Mb PC-2700 Hynix, Radeon Mobility 9000 64Mb, Fujitsu 80Gb 4,200rpm, 250Gb 7,2000rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor OneTouch, Toshiba SD-R6372 DVD-RW +/- x4, Built-in Four speakers, webcam and microphone

Thanks

Re: Yes eventually I did find a site for Albatron in US

Originally posted by thyri
    After all what good is a 3 year warranty if you can't get the company to honor it?
    Ummm, unless there is more to it that you have stated here i.e. you have contacted Albatron and they are not honouring their warranty then I wouldnt make such a libellous comment on the simple reason YOU couldnt spend 30 seconds (not mins) typing "Albatron" into Google.com and clicking the 1st link that appears......

Fun Not Frags - www.gsvgaming.net

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    despite it being irrelevant, i got a reply to a random query sent to albatron support within a day.

going to the albatron homepage (albatron.com.tw) and clicking on "contact us" might have yielded, say, the albatron usa RMA page (http://www.albatronusa.com/rma_repair.html) or the albatron europe phone number (+49 2131 523 760).

i hate to say it, but if you can't click 2 links are you sure you should be messing about with PC hardware? get an iMac.

edit: ANOTHER fun experiment! type "albatron rma" into google, guess what you get...

--jo
    Last edited by directhex; 25-09-2003 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    for reference, it's a motherboard. the abit website is abit.com.tw. the asus website is asus.com.tw. the chaintech site is chaintech.com.tw. the soyo page is soyo.com.tw. Notice a trend? now explain how you can spend half an hour finding the taiwanese taiwan.albatron.com.tw and then moan that the large button for english in the top right corner (where most taiwanese manufacturers put it) isn't there.

the mind truly boggles

--jo

Thread Information