Thread: Audio Codec PLEASE HELP!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Audio Codec PLEASE HELP!!!

I NEED THE DSP TRUESPEECH AUDIO CODEC

but reinstalling the codecs doesnt give me it, even tho it should have been installed as part of XP setup!!

What can i do to get it? I have an office PC at work that I could transfer it off it I knew where it was stored!

Banned
    Thanks
    bump

Thanks
    err...found this via Google...hope it helps!:

Solution: The DSP Group TrueSpeech audio compression (codec) software is usually installed as part of Microsoft Windows. Please follow these instructions to install and enable the TrueSpeech codec (make sure you select the correct set of instructions depending on whether you are using Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows NT):

Follow these instructions if you are running Windows 95 or Windows 98:

Press the Start button in the lower left corner of the screen.
    Select Settings, then Control Panel.
    Double-click the Multimedia icon. The Multimedia Properties window should be displayed.
    Click on the Advanced tab.
    Click on the plus-symbol (+) next to Audio Compression Codecs to expand the list of installed codecs.
    If DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio CODEC is displayed, goto step 18.
    If DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio CODEC is not displayed, it needs to be installed. You will need your Windows CD-ROM (or will need to locate where the Windows installation files are located on your computer).
    In the Control Panel window, double-click the Add New Hardware icon. The Add New Hardware wizard should be displayed.
    Press the Next button.
    You are asked whether to search for your new hardware. Select No, then press the Next button.
    Select Sound, video, and game controllers from the Hardware types and press the Next button.
    Select DSP Group from the Manufacturers list and TrueSpeech(TM) Software CODEC from the Models list, then press the Next button.
    Press the Finish button.
    You may be prompted for the location of your Windows CD-ROM. Enter the correct location, and press OK.
    You will be prompted to restart Windows. You may restart now or later, but the codec will not be available until you restart your computer.
    If after restarting your computer and attempting to start a voice chat you are still receiving the same error message, continue to the next step.
    Open the Multimedia Devices window as directed in steps 1-5.
    Select DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio CODEC from the list of Multimedia Devices and press the Properties button. The Properties window is displayed.
    Verify that Use this audio codec is selected, and press the OK button.
    Press the OK button in the Multimedia Properties window, and try using voice chat again.
    Follow these instructions if you are running Windows NT or Windows 2000:
    Press the Start button in the lower left corner of the screen.
    Select Settings, then Control Panel, then Multimedia. The Multimedia Properties window should be displayed.
    Click on the Devices tab.
    Click on the plus-symbol (+) next to Audio Compression Codecs to expand the list of installed codecs.
    If DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio CODEC is displayed, goto step 13.
    If DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio CODEC is not displayed, it needs to be installed. You will need your Windows CD-ROM (or will need to locate where the Windows installation files are located on your computer).
    Press the Add button. The Add window should be displayed.
    Select DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio CODEC from the list of drivers, then press the OK button.
    If the Driver Exists warning is displayed, press the Current button.
    You will be prompted to restart Windows. You may restart now or later, but the codec will not be available until you restart your computer.
    If after restarting your computer and attempting to start a voice chat you are still receiving the same error message, continue to the next step.
    Open the Multimedia Devices window as directed in steps 1-4.
    Select DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio CODEC from the list of Multimedia Devices, and press the Properties button. The Properties window is displayed.
    Verify that Use this audio codec is selected, and press OK button.
    Press the OK button in the Multimedia Properties window, and try to start a voice chat again.

Banned
    Thanks
    yep seen it, thats the guide for 95/98/me/2k but XP is different, im not stupid on pc's (network admin) but this has baffled me!

its just not displayed in

"sounds and audio" or wotever in control panel

and then hardware tab, properties and DSP AINT THERE! argh!

Thanks
    oh sorry, I feel your pain bro.

i had some mad probs back in the day with VIA KT133 board and Creative Soundblaster >

good luck finding a solution

Banned
    Thanks
    well I know a solution it involved installing XP over XP (keeping settings etc) but I need a CD key LOL!!!

not that mines illegal or anything :-D

but its just a pain waiting for it to reinstall!

Thread Information