Thread: Gaming Headset Not Working

Thanks

Gaming Headset Not Working

Hello Community,

So I have a turtlebeach mic, I’m not sure exactly which one but it’s in the lower quality range(like 35 dollars), and it’s been acting up for a while. The mic won’t pick up my audio for some reason. It started randomly once when I was playing and has been funky ever since.

I plugged it into my phone with a voice and recording app, and it wouldn’t work there either. I fiddled with it a little, and out of the blue it started working again, but then stopped after a little while. This has happened a few times, where I messed with it and it started working for a short amount of time.

It’s not old at all and I’ve checked all the mute settings and stuff. I don’t know what to do now. I’d much rather fix this one I don’t really have money to go buy a new one.

Please help!

Any that I can get is greatly appreciated.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • tazzrats's system
      • Motherboard:
      • B550I AORUS
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 5600x @ stock
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SM961 NVME + too many small SATA SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 3080 FE (1770 MHz @ 775mV)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 650GM
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Monitor(s):
      • Lenovo g27q-20 - 1440p 165Hz
      • Internet:
      • String and cup system

Re: Gaming Headset Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by alokiboisa View Post
    Hello Community,

So I have a turtlebeach mic, I’m not sure exactly which one but it’s in the lower quality range(like 35 dollars), and it’s been acting up for a while. The mic won’t pick up my audio for some reason. It started randomly once when I was playing and has been funky ever since.

I plugged it into my phone with a voice and recording app, and it wouldn’t work there either. I fiddled with it a little, and out of the blue it started working again, but then stopped after a little while. This has happened a few times, where I messed with it and it started working for a short amount of time.

It’s not old at all and I’ve checked all the mute settings and stuff. I don’t know what to do now. I’d much rather fix this one I don’t really have money to go buy a new one.

Please help!

'Fraid that's pretty much definitely the story of a dodgy wire, with it working on multiple devices and fiddling changing the problem.

If you're handy you could try and repair the wire as per: https://www.androidauthority.com/how...cable-1003960/ I've repaired a few wires over the years using methods akin to this.

But perhaps with you saying it's not old - can you return it? I'm not sure what your consumer lawa are but you should get a bit of warranty out of a device?
    Last edited by tazzrats; 02-04-2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Formatting

3. Received thanks from:

kalniel (18-04-2021)

Thanks

Hello Community,

Please help!

Today i received my new wire because of pandemic delivery getting so late. so after connecting i checked my mic and its working properly now thanks for your solution

Registered+
    Thanks
    • tazzrats's system
      • Motherboard:
      • B550I AORUS
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 5600x @ stock
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SM961 NVME + too many small SATA SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 3080 FE (1770 MHz @ 775mV)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 650GM
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Monitor(s):
      • Lenovo g27q-20 - 1440p 165Hz
      • Internet:
      • String and cup system

Today i received my new wire because of pandemic delivery getting so late. so after connecting i checked my mic and its working properly now thanks for your solution
    No worries! Glad it's all sorted

Thread Information