Thread: SB95PV2 and the PN15G Wireless Module

Thanks

Question SB95PV2 and the PN15G Wireless Module

I was hoping someone could give me a definitive answer regarding the SB95PV2 and the PN15G Wireless Module.

I have recently bought an SB95PV2, and I was wondering if the PN15G Wireless Module will fit, as I already have one in my old SB51G. The Shuttle site does not list the P series as being compatible, but it looks to me as though there is a suitable hole for the antenna to go in on the back. Of course, I could be wrong!

Any info or help would be great, cheers!

Thanks

Smile Offer to buy

Quote Originally Posted by DannyTMan
    I was hoping someone could give me a definitive answer regarding the SB95PV2 and the PN15G Wireless Module.

I have recently bought an SB95PV2, and I was wondering if the PN15G Wireless Module will fit, as I already have one in my old SB51G. The Shuttle site does not list the P series as being compatible, but it looks to me as though there is a suitable hole for the antenna to go in on the back. Of course, I could be wrong!

Any info or help would be great, cheers!
    You could always sell me the wireless module PN15g and get some cash back ?

Thanks
    The PN15G wireless module kit is designed to be screwed into special mounting holes located on the side of the drive cage in the G (and similar) chassis.

Shuttle's new P series chassis features their new 'tool-less' drive cage which doesn't have the necessary mounting holes.

If you look at the P chassis you'll see that there are slots near to where the 'wireless antenna' hole is, suggesting that Shuttle will be releasing a new wireless module kit for these cases.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elkiebruno007
    You could always sell me the wireless module PN15g and get some cash back ?
    Sorry, it's not for sale! I intend on keeping it in my old SB51G and using it as a server.

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Markj
    The PN15G wireless module kit is designed to be screwed into special mounting holes located on the side of the drive cage in the G (and similar) chassis.

Shuttle's new P series chassis features their new 'tool-less' drive cage which doesn't have the necessary mounting holes.

If you look at the P chassis you'll see that there are slots near to where the 'wireless antenna' hole is, suggesting that Shuttle will be releasing a new wireless module kit for these cases.
    Thanks for that Markj. That's cleared it up for me! I'll keep my ears and eyes open for the new wireless module...

Thread Information