Thread: My overclock! advice

Thanks

My overclock! advice

Hi peeps

Anyway Rig in the sig

Currently running @ 2.508Ghz

228fsb x 11
    vcore @ 2v

temps are idle 39oC played UT2003 for around 10mins and it increased to 41oC -of course watercooled-

Now are them temps resonable considering the overclock!

And the barton didn't like it over 2.5Ghz jumped from around 1.80vcore @ 2.45Ghz to 2.0vcore @ 2.508Ghz how far should i go with the vcore considering the temps! or do you think the chip is at its limits? I have posted @ 2.588Ghz but didn't get into windows shuting down while loading?

What do you think

Thanks
    It sounds like you've hit the wall with your chip, and your temps seem reasonable, but what do I know

No-Name - The Name That You Can Trust

Thanks
    i woudlnt use higher vcore without better temps... my watercooling plan (not got much of it yet) is to have a cheap freezer (second hand, shouldnt cost me much if i can find one) to chill the water (which ill control with temp sensor type stuff) so that the water is always around ambient (no condensation). did i mention my waterblocks are made from silver? (ive still got to solder them together so will-be-made from silver is maybe better)

if its not stable in p95 for long and more vcore dont help, thne uve hit the wall, at that temp anyway.

Tom
    Thanks
    with vcore difference there id back it down to 2.45ghz as 2v is a hell of a lot to put through ur chip for 50mhz more than 1.8v

Banned
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Tom
    with vcore difference there id back it down to 2.45ghz as 2v is a hell of a lot to put through ur chip for 50mhz more than 1.8v
    Precisely my thoughts, even 1.8v is a little high for my tastes ... water cooling will keep things cool but pushing an extra 10% (1.8v) or 20% (2.0v) voltage through that CPU is still going to dramatically damage the CPU no matter how cool you keep it. I forget the technical term but you basically erode the pathways ... it's much like parking a tank on your drive.

Thread Information