I've had my SK43G for a while now :
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ @ ~1.9
512 MB PC3200
DVD/CD-RW combo
Some floppy
80 gb Western Digital HDD
256mb 9600 and a 128mb 9800 Pro
Some generic 7.1 channel PCI audio card

The SK43G comes with the old 200Watt PFC power supply, and the Shuttle page says that this barebone doesn't support either of my cards. It's right. Whenever I start up a game of any sort or any other highly demanding program (visually) , randomly it will either : Have my monitor shut off completely; Completely freeze my whole shuttle; or freeze for a bit and then come back to normal.

My friend made the system for me with the 9600 and obviously didn't read the support list, (and either did I when I ordered it from him, thought he was smart enough to see that). It didn't bother me at first, because it didn't happen often at all. I tried putting my 9800 Pro in, but it just made it happen more (plus the 9800 has you plug in the fan to a mole connector).

As time went on, it would happen more often. I didn't have any money to fix it because I was very low, but I just got some money so I decided to get a PC40, thinking it would fix the problem. I looked at the shuttle barebones and saw that the only ones that didn't have compatibilty issues were the ones with the new SilentX PSUs and ALL of the old barebones (like mine), did have compatibilty issues.

I also saw (can't remember what website) that it supplies more power for more demanding video cards. (I'm not sure what the direct quote was).

I, regretfully, failed to research on forums and such to make completely sure that it would fix my problem.

I recieved my PC40 today and installed it earlier. I started up with my 9800 Pro and felt pretty confident it would run fine. It didn't. So I switched to my 9600 and the same normal problems came up.

I'm disappointed that this didn't fix any of my problems, and a new video card that would suffice for my demanding video games would be way too much right now.

I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do about this, or if this SHOULD have fixed my problem (I saw some optimistic posts around here about it fixing peoples problems).

Thanks for any help.