Thread: General OCing help.

Banned
    Thanks

General OCing help.

Hello all,

Is the following system any good for over clocking? I have a AMD Athlon "Thoroughbred" XP 2600+ 333FSB with a Coolermaster Aero 7 Lite in place of the stock heat-sink.

It's on a Abit NF7-S v2.0 NForce 2 motherboard, with 512mb of Crucial PC3200 DDR400 RAM. It's all in a V770 modding case, with no other cooling, apart from the small fan on the motherbaord and one on the 3d card, which is a Sapphire Radeon 9800pro 128mb.

Now, I've managed to increase the CPU from 166Mhz x 12.5 to 176mhz x 12.5. It runs stable at this speed (2.2Ghz), but I've not been able to run 3DMark or play games with it any higher, and I had to increase the voltage on the CPU to 1.75 to get it to run at this speed.

The computer wont even boot if I set the FSB to 200mhz, regardless of the multiplier. Everything running quite cool at the moment, with a system temp of 30, and a CPU temp of 44c.

Volts:

CPU Core - 1.75volts.
    AGP - 1.6VOLTS.
    DDR SDRAM - 1.6volts.
    Chipset - 1.6volts.

I have the AGP frequancy at 66mhz, and the CPU FSB \ DRAM ratio at 'auto'.

Should I be able to get my 2600+ any higher than 2800+, or is that about as much as I can expect? I don't know anything really about OCing, so I'm loathed to increase the voltage any futher, or run the system any higher, until I know what's what.

Many thanks for any help,

Stu.

Banned
    Thanks
    Cheers.

I shall read like a... erm... bookworm thingy.

Thread Information