Thread: SN41G2 w/ 9600 Pro (Tyan)

Thanks

SN41G2 w/ 9600 Pro (Tyan)

Hi there,

I've been looking through the forums and all the other posts that are similar, but I haven't found anything matching my question.

I've got a SN41G2 and i'm looking at putting in a Tyan Tachyon G9600 Pro. As far as I can tell power shouldn't be an issue, unless anyone can say otherwise (it doesn't require an additional power lead as well) but i'm more concerned about it actually fitting in the case! It looks like a fairly large heatsink and I can't find any measurements on the spec sheets (i'm pretty tired though, maybe i'm just missing them).

Does anyone have experience with this particular card in the SN41G2 or know of the measurements so I can work it out myself?

Many thanks,

Tom

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    hi there

that card will fit in ure shuttle no problems at all,,i have a leadtek ti4200 with a wraparound heatsink which is double the width that that radion 1 is and it fits absolutely fine!!

Thanks
    i had a 9700pro tyan in my shuttle, heat was a SERIOUS issue, not sure aout a 96

Thanks
    micovwar: Sounds good - the heatsink appears to be slightly bigger than the PCI plate in the picture but I reckon i've got a few extra mm of clearance to the side of the case. I can always sell the card on otherwise :-)

Russ: What kind of problems did it cause and how did you remedy them? I'm thinking about maybe putting a couple of small fans on the side to draw air in if thats the case, but luckily the ambient temp in the room isn't too high so I might get away with it.

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks
    it cuased lines to appear like crazy over the screen all the time

picture shud be here but wont work for sum reason :E

solution, sold it

Thread Information