Thread: Next-Generation SD31P Spotted

Jonty

Next-Generation SD31P Spotted

Hi guys

It seems Shuttle have been snapped showing off their new Intel-based, high-end, performance XPC the 'SD31P'. Specs thus far appear to be:

• Intel 945G/ICH7R Chipset with Pentium D (Dual Core) Support
    • SATA-II and Intel Matrix Storage Support
    • DDR2, PCI-Expressx16, PCI-Expressx1 Support
    • Intel GMA950 Integrated Graphics
    • Creative 7.1 Integrated Audio
    • 350W Silent-X PSU

Pretty the much the best Intel-based support out there, although I'm not too keen on the casing given the alternatives, like the pretty SB83G5M and such.

No word on pricing but I'm guessing around £300 when it's launched, which together with a compatible CPU, RAM, SATA(-II) drive, graphics (esp. next-generation GeForce 7800/Radeon x800) could make for a very expensive system

Kind Regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonty
    Hi guys

It seems Shuttle have been snapped showing off their new Intel-based, high-end, performance XPC the 'SD31P'. Specs thus far appear to be:

• Intel 945G/ICH7R Chipset with Pentium D (Dual Core) Support
    • SATA-II and Intel Matrix Storage Support
    • DDR2, PCI-Expressx16, PCI-Expressx1 Support
    • Intel GMA950 Integrated Graphics
    • Creative 7.1 Integrated Audio
    • 350W Silent-X PSU

Pretty the much the best Intel-based support out there, although I'm not too keen on the casing given the alternatives, like the pretty SB83G5M and such.

No word on pricing but I'm guessing around £300 when it's launched, which together with a compatible CPU, RAM, SATA(-II) drive, graphics (esp. next-generation GeForce 7800/Radeon x800) could make for a very expensive system

Kind Regards
    Sorry but couldn't help smile when i read High end/Performance and Intel GMA950 Integrated Graphics in the same post

One thing that interests me is the external SATA port on the back. Not seen that before. is this the start of new external storage systems?

The P chassis is the way forward for Shuttle, much better air flow, better PSU and very nice internal layout.

Jonty
    hehe, that's very true beanbandit, although at least Intel's latest integrated graphics support shaders and such. Personally I think the only viable solution will be nVidia's GeForce6-based integrated graphics, but who knows?

As for the external SATA, that is indeed very interesting, even if little as yet supports it. I'm still not really sold on the overall P design, despite it's benefits, although it does seem to be the future given Shuttle's new SLI, AMD-based machine. As nice as that looks, though, the lack of DDR-II/SATA-II/PCI-Express 1x support does make me wonder how future proof such a system would be.

Kind Regards

Thanks
    DDR2 and SATA2 offer very limited jumps in speeds compared to the huge jumps with SLI and dual AMD X2s I won't be going for DDR2 (too pricey and intel biased), I'll wait for the next standard to come out.

Thread Information