Thread: Shuttle XPC Backpack

Thanks

Shuttle XPC Backpack

Hi. Has anyone seen a review on one of these and also would someone be able to provide pics and dimensions of the bag parts.

Thanks
    Hi there,

You can find a picture with dimensions here (only total dimensions though).

I haven't seen any reviews so someone else might be able to help, but I bought one from Gemma.co.uk today, so we'll see how good it is

Thanks
    thanks.. when i first saw that pic the first thing that came to my mind was LAN

Thanks
    Tell me about it :-) I now just have to find some money for a nice black TFT to save me from lugging my 19" CRT around and i'm good to go!

Thanks
    lol
    do you reckon i could fit a logitech cordless elite keyboard in there if i get one? ther ei s a choice between this and a carry bag plusn if i get a carry bag i will get a mini keyboard

Thanks
    I'm not sure. I've got a Microsoft Internet Keyboard and I imagine they are roughly the same size. If you tell me how big the keyboard is I can give you an estimate when it gets delivered (hopefully tomorrow, I had to pay £6.50 postage :|)

Thanks
    thankz

Thanks
    For those who haven't already got/seen the Shuttle backpack properly yet, I took a couple of photos of mine today.

Photo of the closed bag

As you can see, you get a nice rugged handle on the top so you can carry it if you are already wearing a backpack, and you get three pockets on the front. The top pocket is ideal for a mouse, and easily fits either of my MS mice. It would probably fit a Razor mouse as well (being one of the wide mice I can think of). The straps are chunky and padded, and they have a cross strap to attach across your chest for better strength generally. The bit that touches your back is also well padded and there is a nice bit of padding on the bottom to protect the Shuttle should you put it on the floor or whatever.

The bag opened

Above is a picture of the bag with some bits and bobs in - You get a foam crossbar to put at the top of the machine to keep it in place and the sides are quite well protected. This gives you a little shelf above to store headphones or whatever. The pocket behind the main compartment is the full length of the bag and ideal for the keyboard. The picture uses a MS Internet Keyboard which is 450mm long so it can fit most normal sized keyboards. Its quite a tight fit to close the zip once the Shuttle is in as well, but I suppose this is better than having it rattling around loose. A smaller keyboard may be another good option.

Other than that there is plenty of room for RJ45 and kettle leads etc, and i'm sure you can wedge a 4-gang in with the keyboard as well.

Sadly, you are going to have to have another back for some beer, toothpaste & other hygene stuff when LANning, which is a MUST! ;-)

Thanks
    sweet... nice pics btw.

Thanks
    Does anyone know where i can pick one of these up? other than micro direct.

Thanks
    I got mine from Gemma and it cost around £26 inc VAT and next day delivery.

Thread Information