Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Shuttle!

Thanks
    Storm,

I have to bow down to you. That is one awesome looking mATX rig. I really want that case, looking to sell it unequipped for us hardware goofs ? Thinking about a P-M based rig that would look great in that case.

As for X2s. You have some experience of them in the real world. What’s the thermal output like when OC’ed. I assumed the curve was not dissimilar to say FX55’s and I have had a lot of success OC’ing them by a moderate amount (up to say 3G’s) in Shuttles without insane volts or heat.

As for my Shuttles I have a few I use….

A modded SN84G4 with a 3700+ Clawhammer and just a mild overclock in the favour of stability. That’s mostly used for remote access, mail and software development (i.e. day to day stuff ). Proved to be very nice rig.

As for a bigger rig I have a modded SN95G5, FX55 at 3G’s, 6800LE (Cheap’o unlocked to NU/GT ish specs). A gig of Twinmos Twister DDR3200 and a fast SATA disk, mostly for games at the moment as I am not yet convinced enough to make it my main rig (I want 8-10 weeks uptime under load without crash’s before that happens and 72hrs Prime 95 ). That’s running into a Dell 24” TFT and makes an awesome HL2 rig .

Also got an ST20G5, SN25P and a load of old AMD and Intel Shuttles in various states . Some are for projects and I think I need to sell some of it to fund the other projects . Also got some Dell SX260 and 270’s SFF’s that are running things like firewall/DNS/media servers etc.
    "John Willis is a toaster that talks! - It knows your name.".

Thanks
    Thanks for the compliment.

I won't be selling the cases seperately. I sell only systems and upgrades, and not in the UK yet. Maybe some day.

What do you cool the FX-55 in the Shuttle with?

Thanks
    • Apex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87M-PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 32 GiB
      • Storage:
      • 20 TiB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 Fighter 10GB OC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Core View 21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGFA
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb nTL Cable
    Quote Originally Posted by StormPC
    Your X800 XT PE is faster than just about any PCI-e card with the possible exception of the 7800GTX and the X850 XT PE, but even then it's open for debate. Depends on what program you are running.

That SFF was made by me. It's a proto-type Storm PCs LAN Traveler. I'll be selling them soon in various configurations. It will be awhile before selling to the UK will be feasible however. I can barely keep up with orders in the US and I'm just getting it going.
    Problem is to get proper support for thye venice/SD cores and above then a sn25p is the only way to go..... seems to be hit an miss in a sn95g at the moment....

best get saving

Thanks
    Actually the MSI and Winfast microATX boards have updated an BIOS for San Diego and Venice. Not for X2 though.

Thread Information