Thread: Review of Freetch Mipi barebones

Thanks

Review of Freetch Mipi barebones

Here!

Any questions, please ask!

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Could u replace the heatsink and whiney 40mm's (devils offspring are 40mm fans) with a 1/2U solution and 60-70mm fan on low noise?

What about a P4-mobile? cooler = quieter. I recon with some careful work you could get it down below 25dB, mebbe even 20 if you dont plan to run anything too intensive all the time, its not like its got an AGP slot for games or anything.

Hmm looking at the pics - its got the 4 stand offs so you mebbe able to hack up a swiftech or something similar if you are brave enough (or have money to burn) or something that uses the holes cause u wont fit a retention bracked in it i dont think.. unless the 1/2U solutions use holes too to keep the size down.

Also, £300! whow! spose that's cause of the custom mobo with the 12v input rather than ATX. SATA inside would have been better, but the ICH4 has ATA100 native i spose. Youve got SATA external though so you could always attach a SATA/Firewire/USB2 external disk drive, although that costs a lot of wonger too.

That DVI/Svid/2nd LAN looks superb though and would suit a lot of people down to a T if it were bundled.
    Last edited by Bindibadgi; 07-10-2003 at 11:42 PM.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Thanks
    Hopefully the price will be lower than quoted & will have the DVi/LAN card bundled. I'm sure then fans could be changed without too much difficulty!
    More news when I have it.

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Ultim8pc
    Hopefully the price will be lower than quoted & will have the DVi/LAN card bundled. I'm sure then fans could be changed without too much difficulty!
    More news when I have it.

Yea, cmon mod one
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Thanks
    I can add it to the evergrowing list of stuff I need to do.....

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    I can add it to the evergrowing list of stuff I need to do.....

well palm some off onto others willing to give it a stab *cough*

Thanks
    The power cable routing doesn't look very efficient for a system where they've tried to have as few obstructions as possible they've gone and put that cable in a position running right through the heatsinks airflow.

Is this just the way you positioned the cable ? or can that cable be re-routed to cause less disruption to airflow ?

I really like the look of it tho and think it would fit in with a future project really well

I certainly agree on the points raised by Bindibadgi about reducing it's noise output. How easy do you think it would be to mod in some quieter/larger fans ?

Myo

Thanks
    The power cable was routed the only way it will go!

I reckon it shouldn't be too hard to find some alternate fans.

I have to admit that there is a unique appeal to this 'box'!

The Mipi will be for sale if anyone wants to make an offer (along with a load of other gear I have!)

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    The Mipi will be for sale if anyone wants to make an offer (along with a load of other gear I have!)

I wish i had that kind of money U gotta add cpu and ram and disk and cd drive to that though, itll cost about as much as a hush after all that!

Thread Information