Thread: MSI MegaBook S260/S270 Disscuss

Thanks

MSI MegaBook S260/S270 Disscuss

I'm not sure of the best place to post this, but as you've reviewed both I hope here is acceptable.

After much debating with myself I'm pretty certain I'm going to plump for either an MSI S260 or S270 for a nice portable notebook.

I'd like some constructive comments/views on the pro's and cons of both.

Looking at the reviews of both the main conern appears to be battery life and poor graphics cards.

Due to the battery concerns I'm thinking the intel chipset may be slightly better than the Turion chip (however I have no experience with turion)

However the S270 appears to have a slightly better graphics card which may allow me to do a little bit of gaming while on the move (I'm not talking max res doom3) where as any sort of 3d functionality appears a long way off on the Intel S260.

the weight and dimesions are the same on both so I don't see that as a factor.

I'd really love to hear some thoughts on this as I've been debating this for too long.
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    The ram bit wasn't so much a concern as I'd fill it to the brim any way, and the battery would have to be the 8 cell only, as the review on the 4 was super poor.

Good to have opinions though.

what made you learn towards the S270 more than the S260 ?
    It is Inevitable.....

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    Im sorry I am going to have to move this over to HEXUS.technical, I am not sure how you managed to start a thread in right2reply, but Ill get slapped for that as its only supposed to be HEXUS staff that can start threads in there

Thanks

Matt.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    Reading more reviews on these two notebooks and I find more pro's and more doubts.

I think MSI are being a little cheeky in how they are advertising these models.

eg: the weight includes the 4 cell battery which is massivly lighter than the 8 cell, and as mentioned in reviews/this thread the 4 cell battery sucks.

The video card on the S260 seems a great card for day to day use but seems unusable in any sort of even light 3d gaming, and the card in the S270 seems "usable" but at a massive cost to battery even for general use and its not "that" good.

I'm trying to get a response from MSI - I've just read in a review that the wirless/bluetooth/infrared are intergrated so that if you are using the wireless card for example you can't use bluetooth or infrared ? any of the guys who did the review know anything about this ?

I really like the screen/resolution/size on these models, and they look great and in bog standard configuration they seem really light at portable. but to make them a little more usable removes the convinence of them.

I'd really like to hear more views on these two laptops, plus as long as it doesn't take the thread off topic in a big way I'd be up at looking at alternates.
    It is Inevitable.....

Thread Information