Thread: Help Me!

Thanks

Help Me!

OK, i have finally admitted deafeat. I need help.

Here's my problem:

At 2519 Mhz (229x11) my 3500+ Winchester is totally stable. So therefore i thought that i would get (slightly) better performance running at 2510 or 2520 but with a 10 multiplier (251x10 etc), increasing RAM and board speed. However, this didn't work at all, normally i would suspect RAM/board couldn't handle this speed, but they are both stable at this fsb. The system is stable at 252, but at 2268 Mhz (252x9). So the board and RAM can handle 251fsb (at least), the CPU can handle 251fsb (2510Mhz), but the system isn't stable! WHY!?!?!?!?

If it helps i am running 3500+ Winchester, Abit AV8, Crucial Ballistix PC4000, ATI X800 XT PE.

If anyone has an answer to this you are all much, much smarter than I.

Thanks
    your tried increasing the voltage slightly?

and this is simply one of the querks of overclocking, you wont notice too much difference with what your trying to achieve anyway,

Thanks
    • sawyen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Laptop motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 740QM
      • Memory:
      • 8192MB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB SSD, 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Mobility HD 5870
      • PSU:
      • MSI stuff
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin ADSL rubbish
    I'm using AV8 too.. but I could run 270x10.. Which rev BIOS are u using?

I normally use a divider, as I'm only using DDR440... probably just a querk in the board..
    Me want Ultrabook

Thanks
    Thanks for your replies, i have tried increasing the voltages, and i'm running version 1.7 BIOS, i did flash it to a newer version at one stage, but it was pants.

I'm no expert at such things but this instability i suppose could be caused by the memory controller in the CPU not being able to handle this fsb at such a high processor speed. I only suggest this because it can handle it at 2.2, but not at 2.5. This may be why they improved the memory controllers on the venice cores???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by High Density
    Thanks for your replies, i have tried increasing the voltages, and i'm running version 1.7 BIOS, i did flash it to a newer version at one stage, but it was pants.

I'm no expert at such things but this instability i suppose could be caused by the memory controller in the CPU not being able to handle this fsb at such a high processor speed. I only suggest this because it can handle it at 2.2, but not at 2.5. This may be why they improved the memory controllers on the venice cores???
    Yeah some of the Winchesters didnt have the best memory controllers. The newer Rev E's are much improved. Try running it on a divider at a higher FSB (9/10) and see if the processorr gets any higher.

What RAM you using?
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thread Information