Recently caught the "reduce the noise of my rig" bug but didn't want to sacrifice my P4 3GHz Northwood overclock of 3.7GHz.

A 1500RPM 80mm Fan on the Hyper 6 was pretty silent but temps in S&M program got a bit toasty.

Ok, that program is a worst case scenario, but my CPU temps would climb to over 52oC and then reboot.

Folding@Home would result in the temps hovering around 45oC and gaming a little bit higher, so I thought a new heatsink was due.

Temps were never that high, but airflow in my case has been reduced due to lower RPM/CFM case fans.

Here are few pictures of the Scythe installed in my case (excuse poor quality, pics taken with phone and bad light):

Thats a 120mm fan strapped onto the monster cooler!

Another from the top:

So what about temps?

Well, in the same S&M test, CPU temps are hovering around 45oC!

Thats with a 120mm spinning at a pathetic 1300RPM, so low that MBM5 is not even detecting the fan!

Took off the side panel from my case and the temps dropped lower to 40oC!

As I've stated earlier, due to my reducing the noise of my rig, I've installed case fans that don't push a lot of air, so inside its a bit toasty (currently 30-35oC).

So with better air flow, temps would be even lower! (Antec P180 owners with your 120mm intake and out take fans and separate compartments take note!)

Overall an awsome cooler worthy of your attention.